It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Assistant Coaches
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:57 am 

From Hoopdirt:Drew Valentine’s staff at Loyola Chicago is starting to take shape. It sounds like South Alabama associate head coach Amorrow Morgan is in the mix here, and that one of the two administrative staffers will get the bump. More on this one as I hear it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:35 pm 

Gordon and Custer officially announced on Porter's staff at OU.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:44 pm 

Gordon taking on the Dwight Schrute role

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:54 pm 

If indeed Amorrow Morgan ends up at LU...kind of curious..first of all sounds like he some experience but dont see any Chicago ties other than having been an assistant at U of I Springfield....Memphis Native,,,,experience at S. Alabama, Nichols St. and UIS.....played some professional ball in Germany... all I got....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:04 pm 

bmh_twosix wrote:

Hm, I’m curious if Loyola has some sort of Trademark rights to that phrase. They’ve definitely used it on a lot of merchandise

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:11 pm 

01grad wrote:
bmh_twosix wrote:

Hm, I’m curious if Loyola has some sort of Trademark rights to that phrase. They’ve definitely used it on a lot of merchandise

Could also be a Nike thing. Loyola and OU are both Nike schools (though OU gets to use the Jordan brand mark).

I get it's one of Porter's mantras and part of his "brand" but kind of seems to really fall flat to use it right out of the gate, especially when you've yet to do anything but have a ton of guys hit the transfer portal since you got hired.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:16 pm 

badsneakers wrote:
From Hoopdirt:Drew Valentine’s staff at Loyola Chicago is starting to take shape. It sounds like South Alabama associate head coach Amorrow Morgan is in the mix here, and that one of the two administrative staffers will get the bump. More on this one as I hear it.

Saw this little thread the other day on twitter (thanks Podcast63!), so definitely could have some legs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:20 pm 

01grad wrote:
bmh_twosix wrote:

According to a trademark search with the USPTO, "Created by Culture" is unregistered.

So I guess Porter poaches recruits, coaches AND taglines. How can something be "Created" if it is just getting started? Maybe "Building the Culture" would be more appropriate? Same font and everything--is it a Nike thing? I don't think so--when I search "Created by Culture college basketball", only Loyola-related results come up.

Just when I thought I was getting over it....angry all over again! Get your own damn mottos--you have a budget 10x the size of ours. Put it to use.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:32 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
01grad wrote:
bmh_twosix wrote:

According to a trademark search with the USPTO, "Created by Culture" is unregistered.

So I guess Porter poaches recruits, coaches AND taglines. How can something be "Created" if it is just getting started? Maybe "Building the Culture" would be more appropriate? Same font and everything--is it a Nike thing? I don't think so--when I search "Created by Culture college basketball", only Loyola-related results come up.

Just when I thought I was getting over it....angry all over again! Get your own damn mottos--you have a budget 10x the size of ours. Put it to use.

Even if not formally registered, it’s still possible to have rights to it. It’s definitely a phrase associated with the university. But I doubt they’ll push the issue.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:33 pm 

With Drew Loyola used the phrase “Committee to the Culture”, so maybe we are done with “created”.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next