It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Assistant Coaches
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:57 pm 

Would love Shanks to come on board. Would have loved JR Blount, but it looks like he just got promoted at Iowa State.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:28 pm 

Great minds think alike. I also would love to see Carson Shanks on the coaching staff. He seems like such a nice and positive guy from his Twitter account.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:00 pm 

Matt Gordon just followed Oklahoma's Athletic Director and a couple other OU types on Twitter.

Looks like he will join Porter at Oklahoma in some capacity. Good luck to Matt.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:11 pm 

I would’ve been surprised if he didn’t. Best of luck to him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:37 am 

kind of a 6 degrees of separation thing. x LU coach Emanuel Dildy has left Northwestern to join PM at ou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am 

I like the idea of Greg Lansing as first assistant coach and while I was thinking about that I also thought about Barry Hinson as someone with coaching smarts, experience and contacts. I think Barry would be a long shot but then again, I never expected Phil Martelli to be an assistant at Michigan either.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:25 am 

I would love to see Lansing as our head assistant. I assume the dispute between him and Indiana state was over money. He wasn't being paid very much from what I can find. I'm sure we can pay him more with the money we're saving from Porter's salary.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:39 am 

Chiguy14 wrote:
I would love to see Lansing as our head assistant. I assume the dispute between him and Indiana state was over money. He wasn't being paid very much from what I can find. I'm sure we can pay him more with the money we're saving from Porter's salary.

We'd probably have to offer Lansing over $250k to get him on board as an "associate head coach." But aside from the discussion on this board, I don't think Loyola has him on the radar and vice versa.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:54 am 

LU Rambler12 wrote:
Chiguy14 wrote:

We'd probably have to offer Lansing over $250k to get him on board as an "associate head coach." But aside from the discussion on this board, I don't think Loyola has him on the radar and vice versa.

Probably not. I just thought it would be funny.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:35 pm 

Probably looking into it too much, but Clayton Custer has retweeted a few tweets from official OU accounts. Has been silent on Coach Drew's hiring (and not sure I saw him at the press conference). Wonder if he is following Moser to Norman.

On a separate note, I think I need to unfollow Porter and/or block official OU accounts. Getting pretty annoying. He retweeted a OU basketball post yesterday and said "Home." Then today, some video of him touring the facilities and looking at a bunch of trophies and he said "This is high-level. We talked about collecting jewelry at Loyola....THIS is collecting jewelry." Well, yea, Porter....that kind of jewelry is collected when a coach stays and a program dominates for a long period of time. All that plus him talking about culture and all that...it's too much.

As others have said, he is nothing to us going forward. Will focus on our guys--the players, Coach Drew, the staff, the former players.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next