It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Assistant Coaches
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:38 pm 

We should receive use of the Jordan jumpman brand mark as restitution.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:54 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:

So I guess Porter poaches recruits, coaches AND taglines. How can something be "Created" if it is just getting started? Maybe "Building the Culture" would be more appropriate? Same font and everything--is it a Nike thing? I don't think so--when I search "Created by Culture college basketball", only Loyola-related results come up.

Just when I thought I was getting over it....angry all over again! Get your own damn mottos--you have a budget 10x the size of ours. Put it to use.

Let that hurt go.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:09 pm 

I’m just happy to see for now he didn’t poach our strength and conditioning coach.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:04 pm 

Is Sister Jean still on the Athletic Department personnel page?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:25 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
So I guess Porter poaches recruits, coaches AND taglines.

I heard on his way out of Norville in order to try and leave on a better note, he poached some of the cage free eggs that were in communal refrigerator, and gave them to a couple people who were there. Turns out he actually did that as a way of foreshadowing what was to come.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:08 pm 

That's awesome. I think it is great that Custer and Gordon get good jobs.

I think we dropped "Created by Culture" and are going with "Committed to Culture." Let PM go, Coach Valentine is his own man. We will be fine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:04 pm 

I agree that we will be fine. I think Porter leaving now (assuming based on what happened his plan was to leave at some point no matter what) was the best thing because we hopefully got our next long term Coach, and since Valentine recruited most of these guys, we kept a GREAT recruiting class. Also, I’m a Kennedy fan and I feel like he may have considered leaving of Porter stayed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:01 pm 

TTL points to Sean Dwyer as an assistant coach prospect. Last job was as an assistant at Cincy before the head coach Brannen got fired.
Assistant at Horizon League N. Kentucky for 4 years overlapping with Drew's tenure at Oakland.
MSU grad where he was student manager.

On the youngish side as is Amorrow Morgan. This adds to our conjecture that Drew will round out his staff with a grizzled veteran mentor-type.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:00 am 

No real surprises here. The Ramblermania brain trust pretty much predicted this exactly. Why wouldn't Flash and Clayton not go with Porter? It's a good opportunity with person they like and trust. And, in the case of Custer, it gives him some valuable experience that might allow him to come back to LU someday.

I get the whole feeling sore deal. I'm a little sore about Porter jumping ship, too. But the real thing that bugs me is that suddenly I find myself interested in what is is going on in Oklahoma University basketball. Jeez, I've always hated the Big 12. The most boring, least inspired, least cultured basketball after the Big 10. For all the money they have and all the "talent" they talk about, they are from a historic or impactful player on the culture of college basketball. Sure, they've had their successes, but this is a football school in a football conference and they pale in history compared to much smaller basketball conferences. Think about this, what the big historic stories in the Big 12? For me what comes to mind are" 1) Bobby Knight going to Texas Tech and failing and 2) Scott Drew (a coach from the Mid-Con) going to Baylor and rebuilding a program that was so immoral that one of the team's players was shot and killed by another team member. I can't help but root for and be impressed by Scott Drew, but in general, I don't find the Big 12 compelling.

I'm moving on and doing my best to ignore, or barely notice any Okie U news. I'm much more jazzed about our new coach, recruiting class and the opportunity to return to The Joe to see them play in person.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:45 am 

RamblerNation wrote:
No real surprises here. The Ramblermania brain trust pretty much predicted this exactly. Why wouldn't Flash and Clayton not go with Porter? It's a good opportunity with person they like and trust. And, in the case of Custer, it gives him some valuable experience that might allow him to come back to LU someday.

I get the whole feeling sore deal. I'm a little sore about Porter jumping ship, too. But the real thing that bugs me is that suddenly I find myself interested in what is is going on in Oklahoma University basketball. Jeez, I've always hated the Big 12. The most boring, least inspired, least cultured basketball after the Big 10. For all the money they have and all the "talent" they talk about, they are from a historic or impactful player on the culture of college basketball. Sure, they've had their successes, but this is a football school in a football conference and they pale in history compared to much smaller basketball conferences. Think about this, what the big historic stories in the Big 12? For me what comes to mind are" 1) Bobby Knight going to Texas Tech and failing and 2) Scott Drew (a coach from the Mid-Con) going to Baylor and rebuilding a program that was so immoral that one of the team's players was shot and killed by another team member. I can't help but root for and be impressed by Scott Drew, but in general, I don't find the Big 12 compelling.

I'm moving on and doing my best to ignore, or barely notice any Okie U news. I'm much more jazzed about our new coach, recruiting class and the opportunity to return to The Joe to see them play in person.

Yeah, what does that conference have other than one the top three programs in the history of college basketball at which the sport was created, the likely top pick in the NBA draft this year, the 2020 national champions...Horrible league, I tell ya

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next