It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Assistant Coaches
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:34 pm 

Maybe I’m missing something, but there’s something I’m very concerned about that nobody else seems to be talking about. Krutwig, Williamson, Clemons, Uguak, Norris, Kennedy, et. al. are all Loyola players/students with eligibility. Porter Moser is the head coach at OKLAHOMA. Clayton Custer was/is on the Loyola staff and may still be getting paid by Loyola. Loyola has not announced parting ways with Custer, and Oklahoma hasn’t officially announced Custer as part of the staff....

So.... my concern is... I don’t want Clayton Custer talking to ANY of our players if they aren’t in the transfer portal! The fact that none of our players have announced either way greatly concerns me because of this. I have legit concerns that Porter is doing everything he can in the transfer portal, while Clayton is working from the outside trying to convince our seniors or other top players to come to Oklahoma - speaking to them as a “friend” because he’s not officially a part of the OU staff (yet). That’s tampering!

I’m not saying Custer is doing it... I’m not saying it’s happened .... I’m just saying, because of the ambiguous status of Custer, and the silence from our seniors, there is definitely the possibility of impropriety.

IF ANY of our players end up at OU and Custer is on the staff, I hope there is an NCAA investigation! It’s my understanding (and correct me if I’m wrong), but once Porter took the OU job, he can’t talk to players at other schools that aren’t in the portal. If Custer is being used as an intermediary by Porter to recruit those kids under the auspice of “friendship,” I’m going to be livid.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:18 pm 

I can’t disagree more. If any player wants to leave, let him. If he is close to PM or Custer, let him go. No one benefits by restricting a student.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:07 pm 

25yearstreak wrote:
...Years later when Chicago was resettled an Indian boundary line was established. The Indians could not come inside the boundary line. My father told me it was Ridge Avenue.

I think it's Rogers Avenue

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:49 pm 

That must have been a winding line. Indian Boundary Park is at 2500 w Lunt, one block west of Western. Used to be said in the neighborhood that the boundary ran through the park.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:16 am 

MikeH wrote:
... Used to be said in the neighborhood that the boundary ran through the park.

Yes, if SW bound Rogers Ave weren't interrupted at Touhy and Ridge, it would go directly through Indian Boundary Park. You can also see remnants of Rogers Ave in the Pulaski Park, Sauganash and Jefferson Park neighborhoods and it seems to start again as Forest Preserve Drive that goes through Indian Boundary Golf Course. It adds up to a pretty straight line. Maybe I'm making it up, but it looks like there are maybe some snippets of roads in the western suburbs that fall on that line.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:07 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
swellafelon wrote:
Kansas City Star article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansas ... 64539.html

I am withdrawing my apology for my "poaching" remark...

I withdraw my "defense" of OU and Porter. And will refrain from saying anything mean-spirited as I've told myself that I have "moved on."

No defense from me of PM is warranted after reading that Mason Alston article. So much for being "all-in;" I will leave my final comment about him at that....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:05 am 

No longer lists Kimbrough, Custer or Gordon on it. Yesterday they were on it.

[Post moved to this thread - ahunte1]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:59 am 

25yearstreak wrote:
No longer lists Kimbrough, Custer or Gordon on it. Yesterday they were on it.

Makes sense based on the tea leaves. Sorry to see them go, but I hope Gordon is making big money at Oklahoma.

I really don't get why this stuff is treated like state secrets.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:25 am 

Reading the Twitter Tea Leaves, I suspect Kimbrough may be headed for Arizona State.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:34 am 

Speaking of TTL (Twitter Tea Leaves), Emanuel Dildy, who left Northwestern to join Porter's staff at Oklahoma, recently followed Greg Lansing on Twitter.

For the conspiracy minded like Q1grad, this could be interpreted as a sign that Porter is plotting to poach both our recruits AND our assistant coach candidates.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next