It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:19 pm 

Nothing made me happier than hearing Krutwig talk about the possibility of going to Oklahoma, and saying that it was never on his radar and then he just didn’t think you could do that to Chicago and the Loyola fans. Because Porter left, I’m not sure if there would have been any implications if he reached out to Krut to get him to come after he signed with Oklahoma, but I feel like we’d all have to be idiots to think that Krutwig wasn’t contacted to gauge his interest in going to Norman. I’m also curious as to why Porter has been radio silent for this entire time on Twitter regarding Krutwigs decision. Maybe he contacted him privately - but it would have been nice to see a public congratulations to Cam on a great career that essentially catapulted Porter into the current situation he’s in today.

Also - after watching the Krutwig video, I’ve decided that Porter DID owe the Loyola fanbase a little more than a photo tweet thank you. It was a decade relationship, and he probably could have done a two or three minute video thanking everyone and showing some support to Drew. But whatever. Oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:24 pm 

Toledo,

You got the catapult idea right, just the wrong way. PM catapulted Krut into the spot he’s in, not the other way around.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:32 pm 

Rambling0101 wrote:
Toledo,

You got the catapult idea right, just the wrong way. PM catapulted Krut into the spot he’s in, not the other way around.

It's pretty obvious that they both helped each other and Loyola, it wasn't any single person that was responsible for the teams success/fame.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:22 pm 

The only coach that matters now is Drew Valentine. And keeping this roster largely together is almost by itself worthy of a coach of the year nomination

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:01 pm 

Fantastic job by Coach Valentine and the administration to keep 80% of our senior experience, plus the new signees, plus the transfers, plus the core players coming off the bench.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:28 pm 

Question to the board? Is anyone worried about team chemistry and/or losing the bench next year.
I understand the players had the option to come back, but I am worried about a bench style mutiny next year. I don’t anticipate Coach Drew to have a drastically different style than PM...which would negate the need to play 10.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:52 pm 

Rambling0101 wrote:
Question to the board? Is anyone worried about team chemistry and/or losing the bench next year.
I understand the players had the option to come back, but I am worried about a bench style mutiny next year. I don’t anticipate Coach Drew to have a drastically different style than PM...which would negate the need to play 10.

No.

If they didn’t want to be part of the team they would have transferred already. There was good chemistry last year, there does not seem to be huge egos on the team so am not worried about a mutiny. This will be the ultimate test of the best players will play, I’d think as elite level athletes they should be excited about the challenge and opportunity to compete, as well as the chance to be on a really strong team that should be vying for a tournament birth again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:00 pm 

No.

There didn’t seem to be this year. I don’t expect there will be next year.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:32 pm 

Rambling0101 wrote:
Toledo,

I would like to nominate this as the most stupid post ever on this board.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:12 pm 

KRUT and his mates were put there and 4ecruited by a good coach , but that is where it stops that same coach left us in the lurch with LITTLE if any CLASS. KRUT and the boys did the rest

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next