It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:13 am 

ToledoRambler wrote:
I'm incredibly happy that Cameron Krutwig, will leave college basketball as a Loyola Rambler. He is one of the greatest players in this program's history, and deserves to have his number retired, as one of the all-time winningest players.

I'm glad we don't have to be mad or disappointed.... He took his time, made the choice he felt was right for him, and was incredibly gracious to the fans. It was going to have to end at some point... I like the way this chapter is ending.

Thank you so much for everything King Krut! I can't even put into words how much fun it was to watch you play and represent Loyola University Chicago!

Agreed. Conference player of the year, third team all American, top 5 or 10 in virtually every statistic in school history. He went out on top, and deserved to do so. And the program is in phenomenal shape even with him leaving, with potential successors to his throne ready to step up.

I’m seeing a lot of “other MVC schools are breathing a sigh of relief” tweets today...but I don’t see Krut leaving as being the end of this run.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:14 am 

Great career Cameron!! Thank you! I expect Lucas to stay.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:46 am 

It seems like Lucas and Cam came in together, if they were going to leave, they would have done it together. That’s encouraging.

Do they let Krut enjoy some time before the rest announce, or should we expect to hear other things soon?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:59 am 

Cam is the single most impactful player this program has had since the 60s. I hope the program and the fanbase can find a way to celebrate him and his accomplishments appropriately. May he be prominently featured in every Caputo Cheese Market commercial from now until the end of time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:18 am 

jmiller2794 wrote:
Cam is the single most impactful player this program has had since the 60s. I hope the program and the fanbase can find a way to celebrate him and his accomplishments appropriately. May he be prominently featured in every Caputo Cheese Market commercial from now until the end of time.

Still pushing the Krutwig- Caputo Cheese Crossover Merchandise I see:

From February 2020:

jmiller2794 wrote:

And frankly it's black mark on the NCAA's legacy that they've kept us from the Caputo Cheese-Krutwig crossover merchandise.

I still think it's a great idea. Make it happen!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:05 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
jmiller2794 wrote:

Still pushing the Krutwig- Caputo Cheese Crossover Merchandise I see:

From February 2020:

jmiller2794 wrote:

And frankly it's black mark on the NCAA's legacy that they've kept us from the Caputo Cheese-Krutwig crossover merchandise.

I still think it's a great idea. Make it happen!

It's one of my favorite quirks about this program that for my entire tenure as a student Caputo Cheese was the most prominent sponsor of the team. It makes for a natural pairing with our quirk of a star player.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:34 pm 

I'm all for Krutwig merchandise

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:23 pm 

Quote:
It's one of my favorite quirks about this program that for my entire tenure as a student Caputo Cheese was the most prominent sponsor of the team.

Yeah, it is quirky that a local food ingredient manufacturer is a sponsor of a sports team. Equally odd, in my opinion, is that the NY Yankees have a mayonnaise sponsor, Mike's Amazing Mayonnaise.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:48 pm 

Hope he makes it back next for the sweet 16 banner and/or jersey hanging, and there's a full crowd there to send him off properly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:32 pm 

So I’m guessing (hoping) the rest of the seniors announce tomorrow?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next