It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:03 pm 

Evening all,

With Coach Drew official now, figured it was a good time to start the debate of next years line up.

For now let’s assume the seniors do move on (if they come back all the better), and the Ivy guys stay committed. For now I’d guess:

PG - Norris
SG - Kennedy
F - R. Schweiger
F - Anderson
F/C - Knight

Subs in order: Welch, Hutson, Wojcik, Johnson, B. Schwieger. Still a solid team in a tougher MVC next year.

What does everyone else think?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:26 pm 

You may see Welch instead of Anderson.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:27 pm 

Unless Krut comes back, I see Hutson starting

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:33 pm 

We’ve seen 110 minutes of Hutty at Loyola and 0 of Knight. Could go either way, who knows. I like Hutty a lot though, seems like a great kid

Marquise and Braden are probably the only locks going in

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:29 pm 

Assuming recovery from injury, with 14.8 ppg , 6.4 rpg , 2 apg, 1.1 bog, in the Ivy League, Knight is your starter.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:47 pm 

Yes! I have been waiting for this conversation. Barring any seniors returning, I think it is Norris, Kennedy, Schweiger, Knight, Hutson. I highly doubt either of the incoming freshman will start, but I could see Johnson be our sixth man. I think Welch will see more minutes this upcoming year. I hope Anderson gets more minutes, and maybe that will be possible under Valentine. I think Porter wasn't pleased with Anderson, because he played less games than Baughman and was eligible for most of the season. It makes absolutely no sense, other than something internal. There was no reason to sit him that much if he is eligible.

Now if any seniors return, I think they will start. I think Clemons, Williamson, and maybe Uguak have the highest likelihood to return. And we could very well sign some impressive transfers if our three players in the portal leave. There are a lot of valley players currently in the portal that I would love to have on our roster.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:39 am 

If Clemons is back, does Marquise get pushed out of the starting lineup or can we go Norris/Clemons/Marquise? I am admittedly a bit nervous about the effect a few guys returning might have on Marquise. He is a starter on any other Valley team (and probably every mid-major team in the country). He's waited his time and might not be content coming off the bench as a junior.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:56 am 

I think Marquise starts next year whether Clemons comes back or not.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:02 am 

01grad wrote:
I think Marquise starts next year whether Clemons comes back or not.

Agree with that, think Kennedy and Norris start and if Clemons comes back he will be super sub or he will be third starter and R. Schweiger comes off the bench.

The Hutson, Welch, Knight debate will be fun. Hutson and Welch certainly earned minutes based on their play this year, specifically Hutson played great when he got in; the real question is what type of system Valentine runs? If it’s 4 out one in, it’s really a toss up for All three. Knight def plays like a big man and not a shooter based on his number so I’d guess he gets minutes as the one in. Maybe it will 20 mins each Hutson and Knight, it’s a good problem to have. I hope Welch gets more time, he was by far the most improved player this year and I think is a major building block.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:23 pm 

My predictions:

Starters:

5)Krutwig
4)Knight
3)Williamson
2)Kennedy
1)Norris

Next Up:
5)Hutson
4)Welch
3) Schweiger
2) Woj/Kaifes (who ends up staying)
1)Clemons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next