It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:29 am 

Looks like at least Knight is still planning on joining the team next year.

Some nice things about him from Coaches and teammates, his reasons for picking Loyola, and just another example of Valentine's relationships keeping guys in the fold.

Quote:
Although Loyola Chicago’s head coach Porter Moser recently announced that he will assume that role at the University of Oklahoma, Knight said he was happy to hear that assistant coach Drew Valentine will replace him. Valentine was the coach who recruited him, Knight said, so the two already have a strong relationship.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:45 am 

bmh_twosix wrote:
Looks like at least Knight is still planning on joining the team next year.

Some nice things about him from Coaches and teammates, his reasons for picking Loyola, and just another example of Valentine's relationships keeping guys in the fold.

Quote:
Although Loyola Chicago’s head coach Porter Moser recently announced that he will assume that role at the University of Oklahoma, Knight said he was happy to hear that assistant coach Drew Valentine will replace him. Valentine was the coach who recruited him, Knight said, so the two already have a strong relationship.

I could imagine a world in which Valentine is a stronger recruiter than PM.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:59 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Obviously this article is just speculation, but there are a couple interesting tidbits.

"Moser said last week that a pro career is on Krutwig’s radar but they had been talking about the next step for Krutwig before Moser took the OU job. Moser indicated they would remain in communication."

"A college basketball coach told me a few days ago he expects Krutwig to follow Moser to Norman."

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/sports/ ... 186219002/

Hopefully Cameron will have his bachelor's degree from Loyola rather than from Oklahoma.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:59 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Obviously this article is just speculation, but there are a couple interesting tidbits.

"Moser said last week that a pro career is on Krutwig’s radar but they had been talking about the next step for Krutwig before Moser took the OU job. Moser indicated they would remain in communication."

"A college basketball coach told me a few days ago he expects Krutwig to follow Moser to Norman."

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/sports/ ... 186219002/

Interesting article, thanks for sharing. That would be tough to see Krutwig in another college uniform.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:09 am 

well I was all excited about having a Krutwig mustache day , where everyone would get a clip on Krutwig mustache and he would get his POY award.....but not so excited about that idea if he heads to not OK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:15 am 

I read that article as pure speculation from an Oklahoma perspective. Similar to the article that had Porter going to Indiana, and Krutwig and Williamson going with him.

On the flip side. Krut also posted on Instagram yesterday a picture of him running out to teammates in the pregame introductions. And there was another Instagram account that posted videos of Krut, Norris, and Aher playing in a pickup game this week.

Speculation to my right, speculation to my left, but in the end none of those speculating really know anything. For all of the Seniors, it will be their decisions, and we’ll know when they want us to. Until then, all of the worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair...a lot of back and forth, but really going nowhere.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:41 am 

Yep, that article was a pipe dream from an Oklahoma supporter. While it could happen, it really doesn’t mean anything. Krut is old school and keeping his decision close to his chest it seems, I wouldn’t trust anything until I see it from him.

That being said, I will root for him in a Loyola, Oklahoma, NBA, G League, or Euro jersey next year. He’s given us an amazing 4 years

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:27 am 

originally I thought Krut had NO chance of playing in the NBA...but the NBA game has changed, is much more spread out....and a lot of teams run their offense through their center.........still worry that he could not defend some of the elite centers.... I think if he had really developed that mid range jumper which he started to show a little this year, it would have helped his chances.....Dont know much about the European game to speculate...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:58 pm 

can't fault the guy if he wants to see something new after four years

If it were me, I'd go to the University of Hawaii and really live it up for that fifth year

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:09 pm 

Knight appears to be a 5.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next