It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:49 pm 

I’m still blown away both Ivy kids are still coming, Ty is still coming, Thomas is still coming, and Kennedy and Norris stayed put after all of this! I’m ecstatic. Losing only Cooper and Frank is unbelievable, given Porters departure.

The one thing we now KNOW - is that this program did not get decimated after Porter left. We will compete in 2021-2022 no matter what. That’s honestly the best we could’ve asked for, and it only vindicates Loyola for taking Valentine. He’s already doing a fantastic job.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:19 am 

ToledoRambler wrote:
I’m still blown away both Ivy kids are still coming, Ty is still coming, Thomas is still coming, and Kennedy and Norris stayed put after all of this! I’m ecstatic. Losing only Cooper and Frank is unbelievable, given Porters departure.

The one thing we now KNOW - is that this program did not get decimated after Porter left. We will compete in 2021-2022 no matter what. That’s honestly the best we could’ve asked for, and it only vindicates Loyola for taking Valentine. He’s already doing a fantastic job.

You forgot about Hebb, I was looking forward to him playing following this year. I agree though even losing those three doesn’t hurt us that much, this off-season has turned out really well. Can’t wait to hear what’s happening with the seniors. None of them making announcements makes me think that wherever they go they’re going together.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:25 am 

IF (big if) Williamson and Krutwig come back, with Norris, Kennedy, Knight, Shweiger and the rest of the cast, are we a top 10 pre-season team?

Even if the media didn’t think we were, I would. That would be a team built well enough to beat anyone on a given night.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:02 am 

ToledoRambler wrote:
IF (big if) Williamson and Krutwig come back, with Norris, Kennedy, Knight, Shweiger and the rest of the cast, are we a top 10 pre-season team?

Even if the media didn’t think we were, I would. That would be a team built well enough to beat anyone on a given night.

No question. And imagine if they win the Atlantis tournament....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:34 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:

If you'll excuse me, I'll be in my bunk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:43 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:

We could be the first team to have nobody average double digit minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:04 pm 

Tanner Groves from Eastern Washington has transferred to OU, which may help assuage some fears that Krutwig is on his way to Norman (knock on wood).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:33 am 

We don't know Valentine's head coaching style, but I wonder if he would opt to have two forwards out on the floor, and use the 4 & 5 interchangeably. If Uguak returns, we will be loaded at the 4 spot. I prefer Welch at the 4 rather than 5, but playing two forwards would make sure Welch, Anderson, Knight, Hutty and Uguak (if he returns) all can play 15-25 minutes a game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:14 am 

Chiguy14 wrote:
We don't know Valentine's head coaching style, but I wonder if he would opt to have two forwards out on the floor, and use the 4 & 5 interchangeably. If Uguak returns, we will be loaded at the 4 spot. I prefer Welch at the 4 rather than 5, but playing two forwards would make sure Welch, Anderson, Knight, Hutty and Uguak (if he returns) all can play 15-25 minutes a game.

Hutson is the only true center on the team right now, so using two forwards at a time makes sense to me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:49 pm 

I haven't heard anyone consider freshman talent for starting positions. Depending on defensive prowess, it might be hard to keep them (Johnson) on the bench.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next