It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:31 pm 

One little backwater on KenPom.com shows a ranking of all D1 programs, based on KenPom efficiency numbers, tournament performance and appearances, etc. The description of the methodology says it also considers conference strength, and slightly favors more recent numbers over older data. For those who don't have a KenPom subscription, it shows Loyola ranking 144th, up eight spots from last year. Presumably, the Top 10 KenPom ranking from this season and a Sweet 16 appearance will move us up 10-15 spots. It seems like a pretty cool metric to measure our place in college hoops.

Another measure of interest is KenPom's popularity rankings. When you subscribe to KenPom, it asks you which team you like or want to follow. I remember a few years ago when I first subscribed, Loyola was tied for 99th-- I think we were tied with SIU and Mississippi State. As of now, we've moved up to 79th.... just ahead of Houston at #80 and just behind Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, and Oklahoma State tied for 76th. (Oklahoma, that massive college basketball juggernaut, is only a few slots above us at #73). Northwestern is tied with Seton Hall, Washington and Wake Forest at #56, and DePaul is tied with Ole Miss and Richmond at #85. (If you subscribe to KenPom and haven't designated Loyola as your team, you can go to the team page and click on the link below the player stats.)