It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ramblers in France
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:58 am 

jdubs wrote:
I haven’t been impressed at all by Saint on the offensive end. He had a nice assist there at the end, but shots aren’t falling for him

Yeah nevermind, dude killed it second half

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:06 am 

Final 94-89 FOS Provence.

I thought we played well, particularly Alston and Edwards. You could really hear Valentine coaching the players up on every play.

If this game is representative of how we will play this year I feel pretty good.

Their Karl Malone-y player must be this guy:
https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Jo ... mary/29634

I think he weighed more like 260 than 238. I was afraid he and Valentine were going to duke it out at half court after the Hutty screen.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:21 pm 

tweet] https://twitter.com/fosprovencebb/statu ... BVAHneTMrw[/tweet]

Final box score: Edwards with 22, Alston with 19, Saint with 17, Schwieger with 8. Braden’s lack of PT in the 2nd half makes more sense now…he must’ve fouled out at some point.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:00 pm 

I never feel good about a loss, and especially after two losses in a row, but I felt like this was playing Kentucky if they could keep any players as sophomores and juniors and seniors. Good that we had their athleticism and experience and teamwork shoved into our faces. Felt like last game was a shock at how high the competition was and we were more prepared for this one. I love to see guys step way up when the competition is high, but wonder why they're set too low walking out of the huddle...??!!!???

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:23 pm 

We legitimately have 7 or 8 guys who could be the leading scorer any given game. Wouldn't be surprised if we lead the country in individual leading scorers.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:04 pm 

No doubt we got homered...26 fouls to 12.
We gave up a lotta points inside...some on the defensive double team up top when their offense ran the high pick and roll and their big man rolled down and we had to switch smaller players on them....this happened last year but usually the other team didnt have grown hulk like men on the receiving end....we gave up some inside points on just one on one stuff as they back us down.....Anyone know how strong the A10 is at the center position?
agree with comments about our mojo today...we were on the floor scrambling, clawing and fighting.

and for Karl Malone...something got lost in the transition from kg to lbs cuz he was way over 230

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:08 pm 

Addendum
1. I could get used to having a cup of coffee and watching the Ramblers early on a Saturday.
2. We got man handled on the boards.....38-26 and they had 11 offensive rebounds

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:59 pm 

Ramblers are safely back in Chicago. Great trip for experience and competition.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:46 am 

Not worth starting a new thread for, but since this recent tweet from former Rambler walk-on Billy Clark is about a Rambler basketball foreign trip I thought I'd post it here:

I'm sure Nolan Marold, Caleb Reese and Will Smythe are grateful that our current AD Steve Watson allowed them to experience this possibly life-changing trip.

This is Grace Calhoun's real legacy at Loyola. Her selfishness knew no bounds. Billy Clark is too nice to say it, but I'm not: May she rot in hell.

Addendum: Click on Replies to Billy Clark's tweet for an interesting discussion about Calhoun. I'm not the only one who couldn't stand her, and it seems I wasn't just being sexist in my opinion of her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:16 am 

Her nepotism was astounding. I had an audible "YGBFKM" reaction when seeing that on Twitter. That's so astoundingly terrible--to make actual team members stay home so you can shoehorn your own family members into the school's budget (rather than just paying for them on your own with your bloated salary). Should have been fired on the spot.

We are so lucky to have Steve Watson. Seems to genuinely care about every sport and all the athletes. He's also very personable and is at all events meeting and talking to fans/alums. Hope he is here for a long time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next