It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:21 pm 

Is "jenky" a real English word?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:26 pm 

Surprised Dawson gets so many minutes after the last couple DNPs, but I’m a big fan.

Solid win, and they covered. Guess Wilson is healthy? Not sure what his story is at this point

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:10 pm 

Good win. Feels like Drew is getting a handle on what he has and how to coach them in a way that makes some sense.

Still not sure what's up with Golden, but it was good to see Quinn and Dawson getting some minutes again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:25 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
Still not sure what's up with Golden, ...

from my perspective, this season has been disappointing because neither Golden nor Edwards have performed up to hopes and expectations, and Thomas has not stepped up into his more prominent role.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:09 pm 

We will take the win against a down team. Big test at Clemson this weekend to gage our progress.

It was good to see both Quinn and Dawson get a few minutes yesterday.

The key take away for me was Drew was very hard on the guys and coaching hard. He was demanding certain things and let guys know when they were not doing what they should. At one point he yanked the entire 5 man group off the floor to send a message.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:18 pm 

JC64 wrote:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/janky

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:12 pm 

Drew pulling the 5 is a stunt. In my opinion he is blaming players for he and his staffs shortcomings to date. I defended Drew last year through a lot of criticism...but so far this year he looks way over his skies. The improvement that was expected on the sideline has not materialized.

I am hopeful that it will...he needs a lotta time and game experience to get where he can be a proven commodity. The step up in competition to the A10 ratchets up the pressure in the short run.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:26 pm 

Rambling0101 wrote:
Drew pulling the 5 is a stunt. In my opinion he is blaming players for he and his staffs shortcomings to date. I defended Drew last year through a lot of criticism...but so far this year he looks way over his skies. The improvement that was expected on the sideline has not materialized.

I am hopeful that it will...he needs a lotta time and game experience to get where he can be a proven commodity. The step up in competition to the A10 ratchets up the pressure in the short run.

I did not see this as any message to anyone. I thought the hockeyline exchange was to rest starters and get gametime for backups. The momentum swing toward GB brought them back. I see continuing growth with this team. Go Ramblers!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:37 am 

Rambling0101 wrote:

I don't think he is blaming the players. There's a lot of blame to go around. Players aren't performing. And the coaching hasn't been great (as evidenced by 2nd half collapses). Maybe he is realizing he needs to be harder on these guys as compared to last year, when they could essentially coach themselves and Drew was able to be more of a friend type of coach.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:35 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
JC64 wrote:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/janky

So it was misspelled?