It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:24 pm 

Drew has lost this team, and the guys have thrown in the towel.

We all had high expectations for this group. They also had high expectations for themselves, but the losing seems to have gotten to them.

This season is likely irredeemable, but I worry that it may get even worse. That shouldn't be allowed to happen, otherwise, the entire program may be at stake.

At the end of the season, Watson needs to think very hard about the direction of the program.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:27 pm 

Blers42 wrote:
This is hard to watch, we’re officially the doormat of the A-10. Did Saint Thomas not come on this trip? I fear Drew may have lost this team.

Blers42, I agree. I think he's lost this team. I don't usually listen to the post-game interview but I will today because I don't think there are any acceptable excuses other than the coaching staff. No spirit or fight in this game.

I'm not a Saint fan this season given his level of performance this year but I do have to wonder where he is.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:28 pm 

RAMBLOR wrote:
Only drama left is how Drew spins this into not being his fault in the postgame.

Somehow I laughed and got stung by this all at the same time

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:41 pm 

kato669 wrote:
Blers42 wrote:
This is hard to watch, we’re officially the doormat of the A-10. Did Saint Thomas not come on this trip? I fear Drew may have lost this team.

Blers42, I agree. I think he's lost this team. I don't usually listen to the post-game interview but I will today because I don't think there are any acceptable excuses other than the coaching staff. No spirit or fight in this game.

I'm not a Saint fan this season given his level of performance this year but I do have to wonder where he is.

Saint Thomas is just an emotional teenager, that’s what I took away from watching him play and his body language on the sidelines this season. I wasn’t a fan in the beginning of the season because it felt like he cared more about being the star and making big time shots/plays than doing the right things. He turned that around when he starting shooting less and getting assists. It seems to have all fallen apart since then. The losing along with Drew blaming this on the players seemed to be the breaking point. Drew needs to publicly take the blame.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:49 pm 

:lol: Lets blame the supply chain and Putin and the invasion of Ukraine.
Cannot be coincidence?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:57 pm 

Also since Ramblin Ray moved back from Florida, the Ramblers have stunk. We started getting good when he left.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:16 pm 

I’m a broken record on this, so I’ll keep it to one topic. Drew wasn’t ready for this job, particularly with what the program had become under PM’s tenure.
Watson panicked, wanted Drew to become his hallmark hire along with the conference shift.

I had the unfortunate luck of playing on a team in the late 80s where we quit on the staff after numerous blame game type situations. Back then, the player had no power in the system (transfers were rare and thought of negatively) versus today where the players have the power.

Whatever Drew is doing behind closed doors has to be pretty aggressive, just given his interviews of blame post games thus far coupled with players reactions and performance.

I feel bad for the kids, bad for the fans.

A strong AD would pull the plug on this mess.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:28 pm 

It's so bad that Krut & Alcock don't even drop podcasts anymore. Would be interested to hear what some recent basketball alums have to say, unfiltered.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:29 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
It's so bad that Krut & Alcock don't even drop podcasts anymore. Would be interested to hear what some recent basketball alums have to say, unfiltered.

I’ve had the same thought for weeks. They’re still too close to the program.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:25 pm 

Just got back from the Watch Party which turned into a DONT LOOK , have another beer Party. Agree with a lot of what has been said...not enough talent and not enough coaching. But if team and coach have seen the truth about the status of the team and what lies ahead for the rest of the year...it ill be a long haul...I hope things get resolved between coach and team....I want our players to enjoy their experience at LU.....and maybe this is the year we have to support the team after years where they have given us a ton of thrills.....and just maybe the crowd can pull us through to a home victory.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next