It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:49 pm 

I agree a go to scorer or two is going to be essential for us to make improvements...Dont forget Trey Lewis who is red shirting this year. He was a prolific scorer in high school and he has some length...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:47 pm 

classof63 wrote:
I would like to see a little more freelancing. College coaches have a tendency to constrict athletic players.

True, some coaches like to micro manage their kids. It works if you have good athletic one on one type of players who can create. We do not have those type of kids right now. When this group goes off script its been awful to watch. I think Drew would like to play up tempo, but this group just isn't capable.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:48 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
I agree a go to scorer or two is going to be essential for us to make improvements...Dont forget Trey Lewis who is red shirting this year. He was a prolific scorer in high school and he has some length...

If he stays! They have said very little about Lewis. I hope this was discussed with him and he is on board with it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:51 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
m52 wrote:
Where has this team been all season. Good effort and fight still left in the team, despite an unexpectedly disappointing season. Upcoming home games against St. Joe's and George Mason are definitely winnable.

Regarding Edwards, wasn't he hurt in the beginning of the season? That may have set him back in conditioning and getting acclimated to the team. That said, he seemed to have good enough offensive skills from seeing him at Valpo that I thought could help the team at some point.

As for Hutty, with Golden and Welch gone at the end of the season, there still may be opportunities for Hutty to get meaningful minutes next season.

Golden and Wilson are the only for-sure goners next year. Welch/Norris/Quise all have one more year of eligibility, thanks to the COVID exemption. Not sure if they'll use it at LU or at all. It will be an interesting offseason, to be sure.

Welch still has soccer eligibility left! He can lead the men's soccer team to a National Championship while working on a couple of degrees!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:03 pm 

L

…….., then screws up the foul shots, somehow giving UD an extra possession at the end of it. Here is where Drew's inexperience shows -- he should have been SCREAMING about this. Assigning the T's were one thing, but the chain of possession was objectively a mistake, and Drew and his staff somehow let the crew off the hook.[/quote]

Great point here and…..an overlooked point. After the double technical fiasco we were all screaming at the TV - why does Dayton get the ball here? (Turned out to be huge in my opinion - Dayton tied the game on that possession). The overlooked point is - where are our assistant coaches? We have 5 of them on the bench - can’t one them help drew out and notice the ref’s mistake?