It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:17 pm 

Isaiah Barnes in the portal. Sophomore 6’7 forward from Michigan who didn’t play much, but was a former 4 star and elite athlete. Starred at Simeon. Would love Drew to take a look at him, especially considering the Chicago connection.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:54 am 

Cornell senior Greg Dolan has entered the transfer portal.

Dolan, a 6’3” guard averaged 13.3 points, 3.6 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 1.6 assists.

Shot 48% from the field, and 43% from 3 (4 attempts per game).

Has heard from Iowa State
Penn State
Stanford
Loyola Chicago
Rice
Northeastern
Duquesne
St. Louis
Loyola Marymount
Clemson
Minnesota

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:57 am 

Scored 30 against us... in the portal from Harvard
Chris Ledlum
6’6” 225
Forward
Harvard
1 Year of Eligibility Remaining 19ppg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:21 pm 

633 names and counting. Including Reink Mast from Bradley.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:12 am 

Wonder if the departures are done. As it stands, we have four open spots. If you've been following along on Twitter, it seems we reach out to almost every single name in the portal. I do wonder what the staff's strategy is. Arkansas & Florida also seems to be involved with every transfer. Do we reach out to just about everyone but have a realistic list of guys we that fit a need for us and we have a legit change (i.e., guys that aren't also being recruited by Duke, UConn, Kentucky, etc.)?

As it stands, Dartmouth grad transfer, Dame Adelekun has a visit on 3/25. As far as I can tell, we are his only visit so far. He is a high value transfer who has also heard from Vandy, Arkansas, Ohio St., NC St, Clemson, Maryland & Rhode Island. 6'8 athletic forward who put 13.8 PPG, 7.2 RPG & 2 BPG. Definitely a downlow presence but also shot a respectable 7-17 from deep. Got to think Chris Knight is in his ear as a fellow Dartmouth transfer who came here for a grad degree and is now working in investment banking in Chicago.

We also have a Zoom with Idan Tretout from Harvard. 6'4 grad transfer. Put up 9.7 PPG (2nd on Harvard), 3.3 RPG and 2.1 APG and shot a respectable 36.7% from deep this year. Looks like Iowa St. & St. Joe's also reached out, among a bevy of lower major schools.

Kowacie Reeves is a big time rising JR transfer out of Florida. 6'6 guard who put up 8.5 PPG and 2.6 RPG. Only shot 37.7% from the field, but he was a big time recruit coming out of HS. We supposedly had a Zoom call with him, but he is also being pursued by North Carolina, NC St., Maryland, Arkansas & a whole lot of other high- and mid-major programs. Think our chances with him are pretty low.

Raheem Anthony is a a 6'4 PG who has played four years at D3 Saint Mary's in Minnesota. He is from Chicago (DePaul Prep) and put up a whopping 24.6 PPG, 4.6 APG, 9.2 RPG and 1.5 SPG. Per Twitter, we have been the only mid-major to reach out to him. He has also heard from low-majors like SIUE, Western Carolina and Wagner. Looks like he has size, can shoot from deep (42%), can rebound. Stating the obvious, but the step up from D3 to D1 is massive. Wonder if there's serious interest on our end

That's my 'summary' of what seems to be the four transfers we have been "serious" about so far (visits or Zoom calls or no real other competition). There's about 50 other guys we have been in "contact" with. We have a lot of needs to fill with our four open spots. Glad to see the staff appears to be super active. Excited to see who we are able to land.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:32 am 

No inside information, but with our season ending several weeks ago, I would expect that the coaches and players have met and discussed off-season plans. If a player thought of leaving during the season, he has already entered the portal. My guess is any other player entering the portal would be as a result of the commitment of a player who would impact their playing time.

We do seem to be leading the country in "likes" when it comes to every player entering the portal.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:32 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:45 pm 

Sharp is a big time transfer. He was the conference player of the year in the Southland. He may sound familiar as he was with Missouri State in 20-21 and 21-22. Transferred to Northwestern State for the 22-23 season when they hired MoSt assistant Corey Gipson (along with a handful of other MoSt players). Had an awesome season there. Shot 54.7%(!) from deep (29-53) and put up some monster games. Averaged over 34 minutes per game this year so he's durable.

After one year at Northwestern State, Coach Gipson was hired by his alma mater, Austin Peay, a few weeks ago. That is why they are in the top three. Schools like Tennessee, Florida & Arkansas also reached out to Sharp. So to make his top three is a big deal. He and Braden would be a great guard tandem.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:37 pm 

I should've posted this sooner but I've been doing my best tracking all our transfer connects in this Twitter thread. Up to 38 by my count.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:59 pm 

Ja'Monta Black, who also followed Coach Gipson from MoSt to Northwestern State, just committed to transfer to Austin Peay, following Gipson again. Black had big offensive numbers and probably could have went to a "higher" level team. Gipson's players seem to love him. I think Peay is the favorite for Sharp, despite Mizzou and Loyola also being in the top 3.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next