It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: LU in the Pros
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:50 pm 

There is more detailed info on the athletic site
Key points:
Eight former Loyola Chicago men's basketball players are now playing professionally in different countries.
Lucas Williamson signed with the Memphis Grizzlies' G League affiliate, the Memphis Hustle.
Marques Townes signed with Germany's Crailsheim in the German easyCredit BBL.
Several former Loyola Chicago Ramblers basketball players have signed contracts to play professionally around the world for the upcoming 2023-24 season. Lucas Williamson has signed with the Memphis Hustle, Marques Townes has joined Crailsheim Merlins in Germany, Cameron Krutwig will play with Real Betis in Spain, Aher Uguak has signed with Niners Chemnitz in Germany, Ryan Schwieger has joined Rasta Vechta in Germany, Milton Doyle will play with Tasmania JackJumpers in Australia, Donte Ingram joins Dinamo Stiinta Bucuresti in Romania, and Jordan Hicks will play for Basket Esch in Luxembourg.

Post subject: Re: LU in the Pros
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:20 pm 

Real Betis is a step up in competition from Krut's last stop in Europe, no? The Euro basketball tiers kinda do my head in but the tier one Spanish league is supposed to be one of the better national ones?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:25 pm 

jmiller2794 wrote:
Real Betis is a step up in competition from Krut's last stop in Europe, no? The Euro basketball tiers kinda do my head in but the tier one Spanish league is supposed to be one of the better national ones?

I think Real Betis is the second tier in Spain.

Wonder why Krut's numbers were so low in Japan. Were they misusing him?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:17 pm 

According to wikipedia they're in the Liga ACB which is the tier one spanish league. I hope Krut enjoys Seville. I've never been but it seems like a beautiful city.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:47 pm 

Lucas Williamson is playing for the Memphis Hustle, the G League affiliate of the Grizzlies. He had a breakout game yesterday, playing 40 minutes, shooting 5-9 from 3, 3 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals and a career high of 23 points. He's played in nine games for Memphis this year, averaging 27 minutes, 8.2 points and shooting 30.6 from deep. Needs to get his shooting percentages up to have a chance to 'catch on', but good for Lucas in having a big game yesterday!