It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:35 pm 

jmiller2794 wrote:
What a great series of possessions. Miles Rubin is legit. We have missed Jayden Dawson. That last defensive possession brought a tear to my eye.

The Creighton possession where Dawson was glued to Alexander was a thing of beauty. Alexander ended up scoring…but on an extremely tough shot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:41 pm 

Seeing some good things this half. A few random thoughts:

-Dame has some moves. But he is an absolute liability dribbling the ball.
-Not sure what JQ brings to the floor at this point. So many bad turnovers. Expect to see Dawson take most or all of his minutes.
-Rubin is legit. What a talent.
-If Kalkbrenner is hitting 3's, we have no chance. Hell, very few teams would have a chance to stop the Jay's of their 7 footer is hitting from deep.
-They are calling a lot of ticky tack BS fouls on us. And Scheirman and McDermott are still chirping the refs.
-Alston on the court could have made this interesting.

Overall, encouraging half. Let's keep this under a 15 point game and beat the crap put of BC tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:42 pm 

Strong first half, honestly feeling pretty positive. If we can tighten the rotation and play our effective players (barring foul trouble) we could be in for a fun second half. If Drew keeps it open and still plays the guys who just don't have it right now, Creighton -18.5 will probably hit lol.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:44 pm 

I think most will agree the real test is going to be in the second half, but you can't help but feel somewhat encouraged by the first. Rubin looking like a real difference maker. Really pleased with the effort on defense.

Happy to see that Dolan layup towards the end. Felt like he was passive around the basket after having a couple of open looks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:14 pm 

First half was really encouraging, Creighton is just an offensive buzzsaw though. JQ is really really struggling and it looks like a lot of it is mental. We can’t keep playing him right now though. Edwards, Dawson, or Schwieger have to take his minutes. Way too many TOs and too tentative on offense

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:18 pm 

Point guard play has absolutely got to improve, and appears to be this team’s biggest weakness and issue at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:20 pm 

I will say I think there's a middle of the road A10 team within this roster. I don't have faith Drew can get it out of the roster, but I think it's in there.

Miles/Alston/Des is a pretty damn good top 3. Dolan/Dame are a reasonable support players.

Jaden Dawson offers some upside. Bradens going to play.

6 guys right there and Braden. Find out who the other 2 are and go to war.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:22 pm 

I think
1) Norris
2) Dawson,
3) Watson
4) Alston
5) Rubin

is a lineup that can win A10 games. Hope we get to see it soon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:27 pm 

Man I HATE Drew bringing in Lewis and Edwards there as we're pushing to get back into the game. Feels like he waived the white flag. I have no faith in his decision making whatsoever.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:46 pm 

440Rambler wrote:
Man I HATE Drew bringing in Lewis and Edwards there as we're pushing to get back into the game. Feels like he waived the white flag. I have no faith in his decision making whatsoever.

So something that has been bothering me is the doubling down on this -- Creighton still had their A team in when we started doing this. Then we empty our bench when their backups are in. I would love to see some of our guys who haven't found their games (or haven't been given more time) in for those situations.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next