It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:19 am 

Was it just me or did it seem like Drew ran more sets in the last couple of games? I thought the high ball screen rubs for Dawson on the catch and shoot worked very well in the half court set and is not something we have seen as much in the past.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:46 am 

Ramblin Ray wrote:
Yes,it was a nice win yesterday,but do all of you realize that we could easily be 1-5 because of the “ last defense decision” in each of our last two wins?I have always been a proponent that if you have a 3 point lead with less than 5 seconds to go,that you foul your opponent and send them to the free throw line.
As we have seen in these last 2 wins,Drew does not have this philosophy.

Okay,if that is not his philosophy,than you have 5 guys defend the 3 point line,and not defend down low.
In the New Orleans game,we lucked out because Mwamba definitely fouled Johnson on the 3 point shot and the refs didn’t call it.In the game yesterday,Rubin was defending underneath and had to jump out at the last second to try and defend the wide open 3 that the BC guy ogot off- a fortunate miss.

If the coaches are going to have this philosophy of not fouling in the last 5 seconds,than by gosh- DEFEND,DEFEND,DEFEND the 3 point line.We lucked out with our last 2 wins.Let’s not let this scenario happen ever again.Just saying!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that you would want to fouls before the shot goes up. Remember BC was a tall team and no guarantee you get the rebound when they miss the second FT.

Also, Rubin looked like he got screened, We stopped switching on Post, who shot the 3 at the end. That’s a case where at that time in the game, it’s OK to switch because they are not going into the lane to score, so a smaller player can switch to deny the pass. Rubin did flash on the 3 and may have effected it. Seems like that may have been a miscommunication by the Coaching staff to the team.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:44 am 

I don't mind not fouling, really. Worst case is a buzzer-beater sends it to overtime. With our luck, we'd foul a shooter for an and-one and suffer the dreaded insta-loss.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:25 am 

Last 3 games there has been better ball movement on offense...couple of those games we couldnt shoot but we got decent shots...to me the common denominator is Alston...kind of a delima. He is a tremendous athlete and does a bunch of stuff but being when he gets the ball kind of ends ball movement. I was encouraged at the scrimmage as he seemed to have improved with his ball movement and stopped some of the crazy drives....tough call when he is ready to come back. If he can stay in the offense a real plus.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:45 pm 

Drew's interview from BC postgame: https://on.soundcloud.com/F633a

Cinematic Highlights from BC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH5oXMzHw4o

ESPN+/NBC Sports Chicago PXP
https://loyolaramblers.com/watch
http://www.soundcloud.com/ramblersn