It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Unpopular Opinions
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:35 pm 

How willing will our fans be to pony up and contribute to the NIL collective to keep Miles Rubin on the program? Highly likely their will be play for pay options on the table for him at the conclusion of this season if he does not enter the NBA draft. It sucks but that is what it has come to. We better pay if we want him to stay.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:33 pm 

Rambling On wrote:
How willing will our fans be to pony up and contribute to the NIL collective to keep Miles Rubin on the program? Highly likely there will be play for pay options on the table for him at the conclusion of this season if he does not enter the NBA draft. It sucks but that is what it has come to. We better pay if we want him to stay.

Let’s see Miles averaging more than 16 mins a game before we start talking NBA draft declarations. I agree he will certainly be tempted by the portal, but think he needs quite a bit more polish (and some muscle) before we start getting further than that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:46 am 

The real question is who were the scouts at the last game there to watch, looked to be three from what I could see

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:05 am 

bmh_twosix wrote:
Rambling On wrote:
How willing will our fans be to pony up and contribute to the NIL collective to keep Miles Rubin on the program? Highly likely there will be play for pay options on the table for him at the conclusion of this season if he does not enter the NBA draft. It sucks but that is what it has come to. We better pay if we want him to stay.

Let’s see Miles averaging more than 16 mins a game before we start talking NBA draft declarations. I agree he will certainly be tempted by the portal, but think he needs quite a bit more polish (and some muscle) before we start getting further than that.

Miles has a way to go but he is certainly gonna get interest in the transfer portal if he goes that route, he has potential as a Power 5 player. In addition to Miles, Loyola will need NIL money to replace by my count 4 current starters (depending on how you classify them). No doubt they will be in the portal for 2 guards, a wing, and at least 1 big, and who knows who else.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:42 pm 

01grad wrote:
Coach Valentine’s positives still outweigh his negatives as a young coach, and that ratio will only improve

Mary is the real villain in It’s a Wonderful Life, which is not a Christmas movie

A top 8 finish in the A10 this year will still position us better for the future than winning the regular season MVC but losing the tournament would’ve .

Bumping this for fun, just to see how thoughts might’ve changed two months later.

For the record, I still stand by all of these.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:01 pm 

I will stand by my analysis of Drew and say that two things can be true at the same time.

1) Ramblers are winning games.

2) Doing it without a good game coach.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:45 pm 

Just curious, 0101, do you also stand by your prediction of last February:

Quote:
"I will make a prediction...over the next 3 seasons, we do not achieve a better than .500 record in the A10 and Coach V[alentine] is let go at that time."

I should point out that your prediction became mathematically impossible after the St. Joe's game. But don't let that change your mind.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:17 pm 

Rambling0101 wrote:
I will stand by my analysis of Drew and say that two things can be true at the same time.

Drew has been managing the lineups very well in conference play. Recognizing matchups, hot hands, etc. See, e.g., last game when Dolan saw a big decrease in minutes because he'd have trouble matching up vs SJU guards and Mwamba saw an increase to bother Reynolds.

I've had my doubts last year and early this year. But you can't deny he's been a great coach during conference play. (Well, you can, but you'd be wrong.)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:57 am 

Spot on - my predictive powers have been proven terrible!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:52 am 

Rambling0101 wrote:

LOL :roll: :lol: