It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:25 pm 

ALL IN ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:41 pm 

Didn't like to see Porter leave.
Do not want to see Drew leave.
But if Drew goes, which I see as part of college basketball, what is important to me is that the replacement can maintain what has been built.

Now as long as rumors are abound. On one of the message boards of the A10, it was stated that DePaul would get the boot from the Big East and the Ramblers would get an invite. If nothing else, I thought that was interesting reading. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:23 pm 

goodknight wrote:
Didn't like to see Porter leave.
Do not want to see Drew leave.
But if Drew goes, which I see as part of college basketball, what is important to me is that the replacement can maintain what has been built.

Now as long as rumors are abound. On one of the message boards of the A10, it was stated that DePaul would get the boot from the Big East and the Ramblers would get an invite. If nothing else, I thought that was interesting reading. :D

That's quite a rumor. DePaul getting kicked out of the Big East-- is it possible to kick a school out?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:52 am 

I want our coaches to always be sought after by bigger programs.

I want our assistants to be capable of being the next great Loyola coach.

That's ideal.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:47 am 

RamblerRagas wrote:
ALL IN ?

lol I came here to ask this too

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:14 am 

I find it amusing how we are gullible to burner accounts, but anyone who thinks Porter stays put at OU after next week or after March Madness once the hiring cycle begins shouldn't expect it :lol:

DePaul is definitely up to something.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:08 pm 

AMDG wrote:
I want our coaches to always be sought after by bigger programs.

I want our assistants to be capable of being the next great Loyola coach.

That's ideal.

No. Ideal is for Coaches to look at Loyola as a destination, not a stepping stone.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:57 am 

Its ideal that i get to sleep with Sydney Sweeney but I'm a fat unattractive guy in my 30s, it isn't happening. As long as places like Kentucky, Duke, Villanova etc. exist Loyola will never be a destination like that, our facilities/budget/NIL whatever just wont allow that to be a scenario. Some of the coaches at the premier schools are the highest paid employee in their STATES, again never happening at Loyola. Its important that we have clarity on what we are, and that is a damn fine basketball program with a lot to be proud of. Pretending to think we'll ever be a blue blood doesn't help anyone though.

Could we end up like Marquette? Probably yeah i think so if we keep investing but even Marquette/Xavier etc. have coaches jump to the blue bloods or other very high paying P5 jobs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:35 am 

If we were willing to bump Porter to $2.5 mil annually, we can compete.

I like the Marquette aspirations and model also. They do a lot of things right, from being a popular draw to the alumni engagement. I still think we could also achieve Gonzaga status too, if we keep getting better. They too started from nothing......

Big difference between us and Marquette: They have season ticket holders numbering in the thousands, and long wait lists..... Us, we only number in the hundreds.

They are also tenants of a new'ish NBA arena that can hold 14,000 more people than Gentile does. The location and surrounding area of their games (deer district / former MKE brew) is out of this world.

Speaking of which, I always wondered why Gentile was never originally constructed, or renovated with a large upper level that could max it out at 7,000-8,000 capacity. That seems like a minimum capacity the Big East and other conferences would require if we ever upgraded conferences even further in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:32 am 

Porter not going to Depaul. They hired the fired Ohio State coach Holtmann. Seems like a good hire.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7