It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:57 pm 

Like Drew, but he has to go. We have done nothing in second half. Watching this, it's garbage. We don't run offense, we commit stupid fouls. We may only win 3 or 4 in the A10. 18 turnovers. UNACCEPTABLE.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:58 pm 

JArsy_22 wrote:
Valentine securely on the hot seat after this?

No. But another pillow fight finish in A10 play, he 100% should be on the hot seat.

This team is way too talented to be this awful. The defense is so lazy and fouls way too much. The offense doesn't run anything, gets into way too many droughts and turns the ball over at a truly unbelievable clip. A good, experienced coach would be doing a lot more with the talent on this roster.

Last edited by goramblers2011 on Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:58 pm 

RamblerRagas wrote:
We are not good.

It's just inconsistency within the game and game-to-game. When we look good, we look really good. When things aren't going great, we look terrible. This is a team that would find a way to beat Dayton and then get blown out against SLU.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:13 pm 

Our consistency is being totally inconsistent. Sheldon wasn’t good enough to play last year but guys who started all year ahead of him are now buried on the bench? Game to game I have no idea who is going to be playing.
I’d love to say Drew is on the hot seat but in this new day of NIL who are we gonna get better?
Probably the most inconsistent post of my career.
Ramblers are rubbing off.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:18 pm 

The harsh reality is that Drew should have never been put in the seat. Program was too valuable (final 4, sweet 16) to put an untested assistant into the driver's seat.

I will also say that no favors were done for Drew by moving from the MVC to the A10. Any new coach would have had difficulty with that transition.

I have repeatedly said that he may be a very good coach someday, but he just wasn't ready for this.

One guy to blame in this hire and it is Watson.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:23 pm 

Remember when are biggest fear with Drew was losing him to Michigan State? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:23 pm 

Honestly, the hire worked. We got our NCAA appearance and MVC title from it. We'd all have killed for a conference title and an NCAA appearance in the recent past and if the price to pay to get those guys to return we had to bring in Drew it was a good trade. Overall it was a fine choice, but it's time to cut bait now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:33 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
JArsy_22 wrote:
Valentine securely on the hot seat after this?

No. But another pillow fight finish in A10 play, he 100% should be on the hot seat.

This team is way too talented to be this awful. The defense is so lazy and fouls way too much. The offense doesn't run anything, gets into way too many droughts and turns the ball over at a truly unbelievable clip. A good, experienced coach would be doing a lot more with the talent on this roster.

I agree that the offense is tough to watch and the fact that Loyola has a lot of players who take average shots makes it even worse. My view is that the defense is tougher to watch, switching 1-4 or even 1-5 gives up a lot of open looks. I think they are trying to speed the game up but without a coherent offense, it is counterproductive.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:43 pm 

440Rambler wrote:
Honestly, the hire worked. We got our NCAA appearance and MVC title from it. We'd all have killed for a conference title and an NCAA appearance in the recent past and if the price to pay to get those guys to return we had to bring in Drew it was a good trade. Overall it was a fine choice, but it's time to cut bait now.

Porter not taking the St. John’s job led to Mullins leaving for SIU and Drew getting the seat too early. I always felt like the plan was Mullins and then Drew and Porter didn’t see Mullins getting hired away that quick.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:42 pm 

14 turnovers, 19 fouls, so we need more discipline on the road. It should be interesting to know if we ever won when only Alston scored in double digits like tonight. I would have to guess not. Maybe someone is not seeing something. Does Drew have his 8-9 core players in mind? I am not sure who they are. I thought Mwamba played well.