It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:23 pm 

Was just checking scores tonight and wanted to title the post, Bloody Monday...teams I have never heard of and just some awfully lopsided games and always thought I knew most of the teams and prided myself on knowing the Cobden Apple Knockers, Freeport Pretzels and Hebron Green Giants in IHSA basketball but some of these teams tonight..never heard of....although I now feel better about my grand kids chances of getting into a college......Does anyone have familiarity with any of the teams in bold?
Drexel 117...Penn Allegheny 49
Texas A & M Commerce 130 Arlington Baptist 53
Prairie View 92 North American 61
Youngstown St. 117 Westminster 45
LeMoyne 92 Houghton 72
Dartmouth 77 Thomas(and not St. THomas just Thomas.)48
Ohio 108 Defiance 28
Marshall 103 Bluefield 70
Ark Pine Bluff 125 Ecclesia 75
SIUE 99 Central Christian 56
Texas State 110 LeTourneau 68
NIU 92 Calumet 48
Pacific 68 Stanislaus St. 46

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:15 am 

North Dakota State 108 Oak Hills College 14

This was the most lopsided game I have seen. The highlights looked like a YMCA team could have fared better against NDSU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:14 pm 

So how did this happen on this particular night? have these schools always existed? and all of a sudden you decided we want to get beat by 94 points? Reminds me of another story. A friend of mine was coaching an 8th grade team and were playing a big private school known for scoring 100 pts. As the game progressed it didnt look good. They were getting beat soundly and the other team was getting close to 100. but what really ticked off my buddy was the other team kept pressing and kept the starters in trying to get to 100. They got to 98 with two minutes left..My buddy called time out...had all his players leave the gym...officially forfeited and the score ended 2-0......took place in the Sheboygan area.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:34 pm 

I am wondering if it is that time of year where schools want a tune up/confidence booster before conference season kicks off. Plus many schools have finals this time of year so want home games and cannot get other D1 schools to travel? It was the same thought I had when I saw Goshen on our schedule.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:13 pm 

Texas A&M Commerce handed St Joe’s one of its two losses, btw.

Also, I can’t let this thread pass without mentioning there are actually TWO Pretzel mascots in Illinois. Shout out to New Berlin. And the Centralia Orphans, Teutopolis Wooden Shoes, and Hoopeston Cornjerkers

And RIP to the Waverly Scotties, Sacred Heart Academy Blazers, and Pekin…well, we won’t go there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:25 am 

Had one of my best games at Pekin.......Yep the Ch.... are now the Dragons.. Pekin is named Pekin cuz they thought they were exactly half way around the globe from Pekin(g). ..I always want TUlane to be the Highways and I curious if Thomas are the Doubters?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:05 pm 

Wasn't Pekin known as "The Chinks?"