PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:03 pm 

Postgame interviews with Drew and Dame:

https://on.soundcloud.com/PY7Fm

ESPN+/NBC Sports Chicago PXP
https://loyolaramblers.com/watch
http://www.soundcloud.com/ramblersn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:11 pm 

I’ll take the bait…

21 TO’s on your home court against a team that will likely have a losing record in conference is not something to get excited about.

It is a recipe to get throttled by a good team.

Post subject: Great win
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:29 pm 

That's a win as a home underdog, nothing to say other than fabulous. Drew came in with a a plan and the boys executed. Great win.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:59 pm 

sudikoff wrote:
Postgame interviews with Drew and Dame:

https://on.soundcloud.com/PY7Fm

Great interviews. Loved Dame talking about how competitive practices are. Also liked what he said about his relationship with Miles. Quite the high praise too--said Miles is the best shot blocker he has ever seen in person.

Winning is FUN. Let's keep it going.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:29 pm 

Nice spread of points tonight.
Watson, Alston, Dame double digit pts
Norris and JD 7 pts each
Welch with 4 pts in 5+ minutes
Love Welch's spirit too

We can’t relent on trying to keep the turnovers low!
21 is a last year’s total.
Of the 21 TO’s, 9 were from Duquense steals, but, hey, we did have 6 steals of our own.

Rubin in foul trouble again, need to contain that somehow. But Dame came up big!

Great energy by the crowd in the last 7 minutes to help get this win.
Truly enjoyed the 2nd half of play.
Bring on the Spiders

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:56 pm 

Rambling0101 wrote:
I’ll take the bait…

21 TO’s on your home court against a team that will likely have a losing record in conference is not something to get excited about.

It is a recipe to get throttled by a good team.

Nobody likes a killjoy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:26 pm 

It was a good home win against a good team that we were underdogs against.

We didn't play our best but neither did they. Happy that we were able to gut it out and get the W

I know I've been critical of Coach Drew and players on the team but they showed today and the last few games they have heart. I'm hopeful of the improvement so far and I hope we can keep it up for the rest of conference play.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:42 pm 

Outstanding effort and energy from the crowd. We helped. Must continue. Seeya Tuesday!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:43 pm 

Killjoy indeed….and I even bet the Ramblers!

The amazing thing is I think we’re the 2nd best team in the conference behind Dayton from a roster perspective. We just can’t play like that with the TO’s and expect to beat good teams. And I will clarify, by good, I mean top 75 net.

I suppose, given our net rating, this was a “good” win. But raise your hand if you thought 3 years ago that you’d ever be home dogs to Duquesne? Gotta build on this and cut the TO’s, the schedule sets up for a run here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:48 am 

This was a blue collar win...my favorite type. Game was physical. Duquesne was quick and long. 10 minutes in I thought we were goners. Thought Duquesne looked like the better team and was playing the best. We seemed uncertain and surprised at the speed and quickness of the Dukes. Then we seemed to settle down fought our way back and were in the game at halftime. Not sure what the conversation was at half time but we made adjustments or just executed better defensively particularly to their high screen and roll. Norris and Quinn and Watson and Mwamba really fought some battles against their super quick guards, fighting through screens,,,switching and recovering.The whole team did a great job of helping defensively in the 2nd half. Coach did a lot of subbing offense and defense I am guessing due to matchup as well as the foul situation.
A lot of our turnovers were interior passes to big men, Duquesne seemed ready for these.A couple due to Duquesne pressure. I thought Duquesne was relentless with their pressure. They made us work from end line to end line. Drew made an in game adjustment on how we inbounded the ball. Also noticed that Norris got a break from bringing the ball up allowing Quinn to do so. I am surprised they didnt back up the rescue squad truck for Norris.He was gassed. The guy is a warrior. I thought his floater bank shot in the last minute as the shot clock was expiring was clutch...
What struck me after a very satisfying win was we can still play better..We have room to grow. Alston can still be more efficient and not be a boulder going down hill. Dawson can get to the hoop more as opposed to settling for 3s. He had one big basket in the lane and has the frame to finish inside. Quinn has not hit his stride from 3 yet.....Anyway nice win...and if any indication we have some boxing matches in front of us....Oh and nods to Adelekun, the whirling dervish, and there was a new player on the roster, Sam Yurasek from California and the interesting names school Prolific Prep!..I am guessing he is a walk on.