It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:35 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
If we could get our TOs down to around 8-10 per game. Cut back on the dumb personal fouls that get opponents into the bonus with 10+ min left. And consistently shoot 75+% from the stripe. Then we are a legit top 3 or 4 team in the league. Hell, if we could do two of those three every game, we are in contention for the double bye.

I mean if we did that, we would be a borderline at-large level team (without the resume to back it up). I hope we keep getting better, but I don't see the offense taking that big of a leap. All the mistakes make for more exciting games anyway :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:39 am 

Great win over a tough opponent & a JESUIT one at that. I was harsh on Drew earlier this year but he's got the boys playing well and looking like he's figuring things out. Dolan played the right amount of minutes last night IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:18 pm 

Didn't our current, new Pres. come by way of St. Joes?
Lot of fine tuning going on,,,getting those guitar strings tightened just right.
Miles Rubin continues to show poise and basketball IQ...
Was Saturday a turning point for Phil ALston where he gets better at doing what he does well and avoid what he doesnt ?
Like the mid range game improving with Watson, Dawson and Norris hitting those 15 foot pull ups.
Dolan does a nice job of not forcing things and doing a lot of little stuff....
The Chef is on his 3rd batch of chili and is starting to get the ingredients correct.
Does it seem everyone has a 7 footer this year?
We did a nice job of scoring from all 3 areas yesterday. 3 pointers in the first half.,,inside and mid in the 2nd...This was encouraging.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:27 pm 

It was a great win. The good news is we have room for improvement. The team seems to be growing together. Our defensive intensity is increasing. We are anticipating passing lanes on defense. Offensively, players are more likely to be in the right spots on the floor. It is not always pretty. It is not always in a straight line. We will lose 5 contributing graduate students after this season. I am not sure whether Edwards and Altson will return. However, I believe that Dawson, Quinn, Watson and Rubin give us a good foundation.

Improvement.
We now have more wins than we had all last year.
We are one win away from tying our conference win total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:28 pm 

Outstanding road win versus a tough opponent. If the Ramblers can improve FT% and reduce turnovers this squad can contend for the double bye at the A10 tournament.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:32 pm 

The Blers are back!!!
Such a good game between the drama of these two teams hating one another, and overcoming the challenges of being down late and responding to it. I thought midway thru the second half when the threes stopped falling and the plan-B’s hadn’t yet come thru, we were done. 19-to-whatever run in the final 6 minutes, and defense shutting them down. That was awesome work. Just like the BC game……

As others have mentioned here and elsewhere, we have evolved into a top-50 defense that can now be relied on, and this will get some additional W’s throughout the next two months.

Really LOVED Phil elevating his game and taking over late in the second.

Surpassing last year’s win total. Drew and staff learning on the job also and no longer on our imaginary hot-seats……. Things you love to see!

Dawson is a special player and talent. Hopefully by season’s end gets a few all-conference team considerations. His game kinda reminds me of Townes, but more 2-way, explosive and offensively gifted.

We must pack the gym on Wednesday. 6pm match with UMASS. Another national TV game on CBS Sports. Next stretch of games will be massive also, and winnable.

Why not us…….