It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:05 pm 

JCT wrote:
Blers42 wrote:
Personally, I would like to know more about the Des Watson decision to leave Davidson to come to Loyola. He didn't visit campus in the year he was playing at Davidson, but he played against us (when we had our worst year in 11 seasons or whatever it was) and still decided to come here.

Good friends with Phil. Alongside Braden, those three played against one another in the Columbus / Central Ohio region.

Adding to the topic, we have a lot of wealthy / prominent alums. Shocked we aren't getting much of their interest for the NIL contributions. Honestly, I wouldn't ever expect CJ Stroud donations like he just gave to Ohio State, but if you want to collect thru the collective, how about getting some buy-in from these guys or any big-time corporate sponsors with ties to LUC? https://edurank.org/uni/loyola-universi ... go/alumni/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:16 pm 

RamblerRagas wrote:
JCT wrote:
Blers42 wrote:
Adding to the topic, we have a lot of wealthy / prominent alums. Shocked we aren't getting much of their interest for the NIL contributions. Honestly, I wouldn't ever expect CJ Stroud donations like he just gave to Ohio State, but if you want to collect thru the collective, how about getting some buy-in from these guys or any big-time corporate sponsors with ties to LUC? https://edurank.org/uni/loyola-universi ... go/alumni/

Hubert Radke clocking in at #72 on the list - thanks for the throwback!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:17 pm 

Maybe Madigan can shake down Com Ed for us.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:21 pm 

Sandra Cisneros would really raise her esteem in my eyes if she donated to our NIL.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:25 pm 

Maybe Ricketts will spend some of the money he wont spend on the Cubs on keeping Miles around.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:16 pm 

So glad this topic has resurfaced on Ramblermania (thanks Mudville) Recall that it came up briefly a couple of months ago when and where I neglected to post this thought: if our group on Ramblermania - being the most dedicated and passionate fans of LU basketball - is not aware of anything happening with NIL - then there is probably nothing happening with NIL.

Great to see a post now indicating that Christian T and Chris K may have started something. And I like the name: Keepers of the Culture. It would be great if they could post something here to tell us more about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:50 pm 

@Sudikoff a lovely halftime interview would be CT and CK about NIL if you can swing it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:41 pm 

JCT wrote:
Blers42 wrote:
I was thinking the same thing, he’s for sure talented enough to play on a P6 program and we can’t compete with what they can offer. I doubt he’ll ever make it to the NBA so it would likely be stupid by him to not take a nice NIL offer if we can’t promise the same.

Some guys are happy where they're at. Maybe they try another program at the grad level. If you're happy and the NIL money is meh, why leave?

Personally, I would like to know more about the Des Watson decision to leave Davidson to come to Loyola. He didn't visit campus in the year he was playing at Davidson, but he played against us (when we had our worst year in 11 seasons or whatever it was) and still decided to come here. He's obviously having a great time in addition to making a huge step in playing performance over where he was last season. Let's see if we can scale up whatever attraction we had for Watson up to an even higher level, or use it for retention of great players like Rubin.

The NIL money is likely going to be six figures, if we can’t match anywhere near that I see no reason why a broke college kid would stay.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:47 am 

DO you think its kinda rude to imply someone is a ‘broke college kid”?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:00 pm 

Ramblerguy wrote:
DO you think its kinda rude to imply someone is a ‘broke college kid”?

Broke college kid has been a trope for my entire life, so I'd say no.