It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: good games tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:20 am 

Well we have the weekend off but there are some interesting games tonight
Dayton v Richmond (CBSSB)...game may tell us a thing or two.
and in the Valley two good games...Bradley v Indiana St (ESPNU) and Drake vs UNI (ESPN+)...these are the 4 top teams in the Valley
All games are at 6pm

Post subject: Re: good games tonight
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:46 am 

Dayton game is at 5 pm central time

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:18 pm 

Can't wait to watch. I think UD wins by 5 or so. But Richmond's defense will be a test.

ISUb has been my favorite non-Loyola team to watch. Such a fun offense. I think they are the best team in the Valley. But Bradley will be a real test. Braves have been playing well (after a really ugly stretch).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:28 pm 

That 2-point loss to Richmond, in which we held them to their lowest point total of the year, is now the difference between where we are and a three-way tie for first with Dayton and Richmond.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:34 pm 

JCT wrote:
That 2-point loss to Richmond, in which we held them to their lowest point total of the year, is now the difference between where we are and a three-way tie for first with Dayton and Richmond.

It’s almost surreal after how last season went. Richmond looked great tonight. Every game in the A10 feels like a nail biter for us this year. I’m now confident the Ramblers can beat any team in the conference but every single game will be a battle.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:53 pm 

Hope the staff will watch the Richmond/UD game tape numerous times to prep for the game vs Dayton. Richmond out-physicaled Holmes, frustrating him and taking him out of his game. Need to throw Miles, Dame and Tom at Holmes and just tell them to get after him non-stop. Make the other guys try to beat us.

As others said, so wild how close we are to being tied for 1st.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:00 pm 

Rumors are swirling on the Twitters that SLU will be firing Travis Ford after the loss tonight. If true, and they’ll be looking for a coach in March, I would throw a bag at Indiana State’s coach….if Depaul doesn’t beat them to it. He might not want to leave there so soon, but SLU would have the resources to make him seriously consider it (and obviously Depaul, too).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:07 am 

I think Depaul might have been looking at 3 of those coaches last night,,ISUb, Bradley and Dayton.I would be surprised if they do not sign a big time name this time around.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:53 am 

natetheskate wrote:
I think Depaul might have been looking at 3 of those coaches last night,,ISUb, Bradley and Dayton.I would be surprised if they do not sign a big time name this time around.

They have signed big names.... Oliver Purnell was at Dayton with good success and took Clemson to three straight tournaments before DePaul shoveled money at him. Jerry Wainwright built UNC-Wilmington into a tournament team and took Richmond to the tournament as an 11 seed (an improvement over Richmond's previous coach John Beilein). They hired Dave Leitao back after he'd coached at Virginia, since he was the last person to get them to the tournament... Pat Kennedy coached Florida State to 5 tournaments and 2 NITs in 11 seasons before DePaul hired him... before he was replaced by Leitao at DePaul (one NCAA appearance in 6 seasons) he was often seen (by myself and many others) overserved and staggering on the street.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:55 am 

natetheskate wrote:

They may be looking, but I think those three should have higher aspirations. Anthony Grant is a UD alum. And to be frank, UD has a bigger fan base, better arena, and actually spends slightly more on its basketball program than DePaul. I just can't see him going there. As for Wardle and especially Schertz, both should have their sights set on better P6 programs.