It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Northern Illinois !!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:55 pm 

Why would we not try some players on the bench? Why not try to put King or Johnson in. Might as well nothing else is working.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:16 pm 

After the early season collapses, I told myself I'd stop watching this team. But I got sucked back in. And now I am feeling that frustration all over again.

Northern Illinois is a BAD team. There is NO reason we should lose to them, let alone blow a 14 point lead. There comes a time you have to start looking at the coach with these continual collapses. And I think that time is now. (Although I know we won't.)

If we can't beat the likes of Tennessee Tech, Northern Illinois and Portland State, we will be lucky to win one game in the MVC.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:20 pm 

I am speechless--and that's abnormal for me. Let's chalk this up to everybody--Not one guy played well for the entire game. NOT ONE. Too many mistakes to even comment. I will only say this--Doyle showed his youth --Announcer Spephond had it correctly--When Doyle copuld not execute his plan, he should have taken a jumper or two. BAD LOSS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:24 pm 

Although I made that last post out of frustration, I stand behind it.

I am officially of the Porter Moser train. I was a pretty adamant "wait and see" guy with Porter. But I have seen all I needed to see.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:31 pm 

Yet another double digit lead blown. Everyone in the Joe could see it coming as it was the entirety of the 2nd half. Yet again, Porter failed to make adjustments. I'm dumbfounded and angry. No excuse for this terrible play.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:42 pm 

Horrible and inexcusable loss. We took a step back tonight. The whole team looked asleep in the second half. Lots of frustration and bad body language.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:51 pm 
Site Admin

Add Northern Illinois to the list of blown double-digit second half leads. The difference between this one and the others this year is it was at home, which makes it all the more disgraceful.

You'd think that a team that was only able to score 14 points in the first half would be so demoralized that there would be no way they could possibly come back to erase a 15-point deficit, let alone win by 6.

As I said a few weeks ago, blowing a second-half lead of these proportions should raise eyebrows if it happens once or twice a season. Through game 11, it's happened four times. Since the beginning of last season, it's happened in roughly 20% of our games. It's happened with players injured, and all players healthy. It's happened at home and on the road, against mediocre and terrible teams, over and over again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:05 pm 

There is apparently no way to rescue this season. All heads were down a couple minutes into the second half, waiting for the inevitable to happen against a team that truly stunk in the first half. This wasn't just standing around waiting for what-I-don't know. There was so little movement that it was almost impossible to tell if NIU was playing zone or man. No leadership.

I don't think we got one loose ball after the half. They crashed the boards and the only two times we made them pay for it Matt traveled and Keke missed a layup. We lost to a team that didn't have very good athletes and that played poorly.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:15 pm 

Scream wrote:
There is apparently no way to rescue this season. All heads were down a couple minutes into the second half, waiting for the inevitable to happen against a team that truly stunk in the first half. This wasn't just standing around waiting for what-I-don't know. There was so little movement that it was almost impossible to tell if NIU was playing zone or man. No leadership.

I don't think we got one loose ball after the half. They crashed the boards and the only two times we made them pay for it Matt traveled and Keke missed a layup. We lost to a team that didn't have very good athletes and that played poorly.

+1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:17 pm 

Scream wrote:

+2

No killer instinct, no leadership. None whatsoever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next