It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:22 am 

Jumped 6 spots in NET from 99 to 93.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:14 pm 

From the GM message board.
One fan's opinion

Loyola plays fast and hard They play excellent "team ball." Assists +13. Clean, hard passing. Quick cuts to the rim. Strong close-out, chest-to-chest defense. Fly to rebounds and loose balls.Their collective energy is phenomenal.

Look at the numbers. No individual player on Loyola scored more than 10. They played 16 players! Granted, three of them played two minutes each, and none scored. But everyone else who played scored. Mason effectively played eight.

Loyola wears out it's opponents with its unusual depth.Because they sped us up and shoved us around so much, Mason's shooting percentage was horrendous. Loyola's shooting was good. They made 5 more 3s. But the speed of Loyola kills.

Today, Mason's style of play was not a match versus Loyola.

This other thought from the GM message board may have come from an administrator who came to town for the game yesterday and visited the Joe

Loyola has a pretty good thing going. Arena is nice - a little small, but fans are great, student section is great, and the place gets loud.

That was the most physical team I’ve seen. They are not super athletic, but they are talented and physical and they just frustrate you all game long.

Everything about the trip was fun except the actual game.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:28 pm 

Mudville21 wrote:

The Bonnie game qualifies as a Quad 1 game and Dayton is a Quad 1 game and is ranked.

Media starting to “find us”. Katz had us in his Power 36 at 35.

First off Mudsville, nice run downs on the post game points you have been doing.

Regarding Bonnie game
I had not noticed that the Bonnies would be a Q1 win. Thanks for pointing that out. Yep, that's huge in terms of opportunity.

Regarding Katz and his P36
PM's team was one of the teams knocked out of the P36. No pun on PM, just ya know, strange how things happen.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:34 pm 

I have to laugh at some of these comments from other message boards evaluating us in one breath as unathlatic but physical…and in another breath talking about how fast we are and tough to keep up with. Meanwhile, in reality, our “unathletic” players are shutting them down and swatting away their layup attempts on one end, and dunking over them on the other end. I mean, Phil Alston dang near hit his head on the rim or backboard when throwing down an alley-oop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:22 pm 

Will someone please define the adjective "athletic" when used to modify the noun "basketball player."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:10 pm 

goodknight wrote:
Mudville21 wrote:

The Bonnie game qualifies as a Quad 1 game and Dayton is a Quad 1 game and is ranked.

First off Mudsville, nice run downs on the post game points you have been doing.

Regarding Bonnie game
I had not noticed that the Bonnies would be a Q1 win. Thanks for pointing that out. Yep, that's huge in terms of opportunity.

PM's team was one of the teams knocked out of the P36. No pun on PM, just ya know, strange how things happen.

Mudsville? Who’s that? It’s Mudville, no s. No worries, I’ve been called worse! LOL

Last edited by Mudville21 on Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:11 pm 

goodknight wrote:
Mudville21 wrote:

Regarding Bonnie game

Seth Davis commented we should get some top 25 consideration. Katz and Seth have always been kind to the program.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:56 pm 

Mudville21 wrote:
goodknight wrote:
Mudville21 wrote:

Regarding Bonnie game

Seth Davis commented we should get some top 25 consideration. Katz and Seth have always been kind to the program.

Katz bringing up the Ramblers surprised me some on how soon he brought the Ramblers to the national spotlight, but I guess as a power ranking it will capture trends of strength. Also agree with your take on Seth Davis. I would also expect to hear/see something from Matt Norlander if our streak continues.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:06 am 

It was great to have a blowout game. The only downside of a blowout game is that the TV announcers remind us that Coach Valentine is crushing it. By the end of the season, he will be closing in on 60 wins. The announcers repeat the obvious - he is from Lansing, Michigan; he has extensive Michigan State ties - he would seem to be an obvious choice to replace Izzo. It is a nice problem to have, but it is a buzzkill.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:29 am 

28 point difference between the teams over two games. Imagine if the Ramblers WERE athletic.