It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:20 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
1. If I am not mistaken Steve Watson our AD would have been the AD at St.Bonnies and the AD for their current coach? Having left the Bonnies in 2014.
2. Chit...always tough when you are watching with divided loyalties.
3. Will be a homecoming of sorts for Greg Dolan. Greg is from the Buffalo area. He has gotten a lot of publicity in the local papers. And in one of the articles he gave the thumbs up to Buffalo pizza over Chicago deep dish....still like him.
4. I think how the post play, plays out will be a big factor. There post guys Venning/Brown average together about 20. Good news is Venning has fouled out 4 times this year. Maybe Dame can YMCA him to death and Miles can sweep the glass clean as Red Rush used to describe Jim AJAX Tillman
5. Also would prefer that Coach had left the Pride thing alone...but I am nervous by nature and Coach V does not mind going toe to toe.

Steve Watson was the AD who hired Mark Schmidt. Steve was popular and well respected at Bona. Steve's father retired as one of the most beloved professors at Bonas.

I am confused regarding the Charles Pride comments. Chuck is a really genuine and classy young man. He ultimately chose the Bonnies due to NIL and the opportunity to play with his lifelong friend, Mika Adams Woods. Both players are Syracuse natives. I believe that Drew would have been better off keeping those comments in house. The optics IMO were not good.

I was raised in Rochester, NY. There is no way that western NY pizza is better than deep dish! We have a couple of pizza joints in the area that try to make deep dish. The product is not great. Yikes.

A key factor will be how much physicality will be allowed by the officials.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:16 pm 

Jimmy Chitwood wrote:
natetheskate wrote:
1. If I am not mistaken Steve Watson our AD would have been the AD at St.Bonnies and the AD for their current coach? Having left the Bonnies in 2014.
2. Chit...always tough when you are watching with divided loyalties.
3. Will be a homecoming of sorts for Greg Dolan. Greg is from the Buffalo area. He has gotten a lot of publicity in the local papers. And in one of the articles he gave the thumbs up to Buffalo pizza over Chicago deep dish....still like him.
4. I think how the post play, plays out will be a big factor. There post guys Venning/Brown average together about 20. Good news is Venning has fouled out 4 times this year. Maybe Dame can YMCA him to death and Miles can sweep the glass clean as Red Rush used to describe Jim AJAX Tillman
5. Also would prefer that Coach had left the Pride thing alone...but I am nervous by nature and Coach V does not mind going toe to toe.

Steve Watson was the AD who hired Mark Schmidt. Steve was popular and well respected at Bona. Steve's father retired as one of the most beloved professors at Bonas.

I am confused regarding the Charles Pride comments. Chuck is a really genuine and classy young man. He ultimately chose the Bonnies due to NIL and the opportunity to play with his lifelong friend, Mika Adams Woods. Both players are Syracuse natives. I believe that Drew would have been better off keeping those comments in house. The optics IMO were not good.

I was raised in Rochester, NY. There is no way that western NY pizza is better than deep dish! We have a couple of pizza joints in the area that try to make deep dish. The product is not great. Yikes.

A key factor will be how much physicality will be allowed by the officials.

I don't doubt that Chuck may be genuine and classy. And I also tend to agree that Drew would have been better off keeping those comments in-house. But he didn't just make them up. There were clearly some comments/thoughts from Chuck as to why he ended up going with Bonnie's after many "experts" considered him a Loyola lock.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:08 pm 

Bonnie head coach Schmidt's take on our Ramblers.

They got good players. They brought in seven portal guys and they’re really good. They’re defending, they run good stuff. They got big guys and they got guards — they got 11 guys that they play and 11 guys play 10 or more minutes. They got great depth, but they got good chemistry.

You can’t let their defense speed you up. They may be the best defensive team in the league. They have a shot blocker, they’re really good on the ball, they play really aggressive. You can’t be sped up offensively and take bad shots.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:02 am 

I didn't mind the Pride comments. NIL was obviously the big factor but when you say no because of NIL and because you don't think the team can win or is good enough. That is a straight shot at the guys on the team now and also a slight jab at coaching in my opinion because the coach recruits and picks the guys for said team.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:33 pm 

PerSource wrote:
I didn't mind the Pride comments. NIL was obviously the big factor but when you say no because of NIL and because you don't think the team can win or is good enough. That is a straight shot at the guys on the team now and also a slight jab at coaching in my opinion because the coach recruits and picks the guys for said team.

I am not looking to pick a fight or get into a debate. Drew shared his interpretation of the situation publicly and may have implied that something was not above board. I believe he said something like, "and other things that I can't talk about." That could be considered a jab at the integrity of the Bonnies staff and program. I would only add that Charles Pride's perspective regarding Drew's comments have not been made public, nor should they. There are two sides to every story. I am looking forward to what may be a good ball game tonight. Peace to all my fellow Ramblers!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:49 pm 

Seems like the teams been reading their press clippings. Really disappointed in the game plan and execution in a big game. Sucks a bit of air out of Friday because Daytons significantly better than Bona.

Everything about this game has been unacceptable. Clean it up before Friday.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:52 pm 

Ugh, Loyola started hot but just lost it.

I was worried about this trap game. Let’s hope they can grind this back in the 2nd half.

Way too many turnovers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:03 pm 

Worst half since Tulsa or South Florida. Yikes!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:10 pm 

Looks like last season

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:35 pm 

Team eating a bit of humble pie here. Turnovers have taken over our offense again. And Bonnie is eating us alive down low. There's a reason they were favored by 4 in this one--it's a tough place to play and by metrics, they are the 3rd best A10 team, right behind Richmond.

Finish strong, watch the film once and go on to defend home turf vs the Flyers. We were never getting an at-large bid so this loss only affects our chances at the regular season title.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next