It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:15 am 

Yeah, I can't imagine we wanted Rubin guarding Banks on the perimeter.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:21 pm 

That weird switching and Miles getting off his feet/fouling didn't bother me as much as the little mistakes that plagued us throughout the game (including him doing the same thing to Quinn--that was more egregious). There were a few times when Miles was trying to dribble the ball up court when he shouldn't have and got his pocket picked. A few times when Phil wanted to dribble up court instead of passing ahead. Dame trying to dunk everything (which i believe announcers correctly called out). Brutal shot selections by Des/Edwards.

Combined that with bad free throw shooting and the lid on the rim, and we just couldn't overcome it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:18 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Do not know the answer to this but there is a possibility there was a defensive mistake. Sometimes we switch all over and other times no....other times slide behind ...other times fight through....other times double and help.....Miles is still not real strong on guarding out on the floor. You would think with a player like Banks they could have made a decision not to switch in which case it was mistake or we did not want Banks to take a 3 and thought that Miles out on him would prevent it and a combination of Miles leaving his feet and Banks just being smart....oh well...it is all over now Baby Blue. Nothing worse than a meaningful game like this where you are full of ..what ifs?,,,,,,But I hope the team takes to heart and takes pride in what they accomplished this year. ...and may still accomplish.

We have seen in the past that a team has a dominant, jitter bug guard we will sell out and force him to give the ball up. We did not do that Thursday. We let Banks get the ball and keep it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6