It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transfer Portal
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:27 pm 

Back to the A10

Some definite playing time

https://247sports.com/article/college-b ... 230537732/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:28 pm 

goodknight wrote:
Back to the A10

From the article, emphasis mine:
Quote:
Deloach continued: "They want me to come in, play big time minutes help the young guys lead. They're going to play me like Evan Mobley. Shoot the three guard and use my big time motor. I already been in the conference as an all conference type player so I know what to expect."

Of note, per Basketball Reference Deloach has taken exactly zero (yes, actually zero) 3 point attempts in his college career.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:38 pm 

I thought there was a post on X that Drew? Posted saying LU was gonna be adding two to the family tomorrow. Wonder if another announcement maybe be coming...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 pm 

Mudville21 wrote:
I thought there was a post on X that Drew? Posted saying LU was gonna be adding two to the family tomorrow. Wonder if another announcement maybe be coming...

Tomorrow’s national signing day. Believe it is just making the two international recruits official with signing their letters of intent.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:57 pm 

bmh_twosix wrote:
Mudville21 wrote:

Tomorrow’s national signing day. Believe it is just making the two international recruits official with signing their letters of intent.

Thanks. I just glanced at it and after reading it again, I did notice the portion about HS recruits.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:19 am 

bmh_twosix wrote:
goodknight wrote:
Back to the A10

From the article, emphasis mine:
Quote:
Deloach continued: "They want me to come in, play big time minutes help the young guys lead. They're going to play me like Evan Mobley. Shoot the three guard and use my big time motor. I already been in the conference as an all conference type player so I know what to expect."

Of note, per Basketball Reference Deloach has taken exactly zero (yes, actually zero) 3 point attempts in his college career.

Love this signing, but that part is odd. On the other hand, Phil wasn't a big three point shooter before he got here either, so who knows. If he can shoot, that would make it a lot easier to play him and Miles together.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:45 am 

Phil averaged basically 2 attempts per game and shot 25% on them last year...fairly certain we can coach up Jalen to that level of production, its a low bar. Im not as worried about the spacing as others.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:43 am 

So Patrick Mwamba comes to mind as well...not a great 3 point shooter but needed to be able to at least have the potential. I think the offense depends a lot on spacing and spacing dont mean nothing if the guy with the ball on the outside is not some kind of threat to make the 3 and the defense can collapse on cutters and post ups.
I am curious if Jalen DeLouch will be used like Mwamba or will be a partner with Miles Rubin at the rim...or if he will take a Phil type role.
Also last year Mwamba was used to coral other teams guards with his wing span and athleticism...so seems like a lot of possibilities for Jalen.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:33 am 

It's funny that he mentioned Mobley since one of the big problems the Cavs have is that Mobley and Allen are too similar, and spacing really suffers when they're both on the court together. They're both good, and great defenders, so it's not like their terrible out there together, but all the metrics say they're better with staggered playing time.

I definitely see that with Deloach, to me he best fits in as a very capable backup to Miles -- which is something we definitely needed. If he has a secret jump shot, that would be incredible and maybe he'll have kind of an Aher Uguak role, but based on the youtube videos of him I'm thinking more he'll be Miles' tag team partner, which still means a lot of playing time.

So, I'm guessing we're still on the hunt for a stretch 4 in the portal. Otherwise, with the current guys, I think our best lineups may end up being going small, with some combination of Quinn/Moore, Rubin/Deloach, and then three of Watson/Dawson/Edwards/freshman wings on the floor.

But that's all bored speculation, I was wrong with like 90% of my assumptions of last year's squad when the 2023 portal transfers started coming in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:22 am 

New commit. UC San Diego transfer Francis Nwaokorie has committed to Loyola Chicago.

The 6’7” junior forward started 33/33 games, averaging 11.3 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 1.0 assist. Nwaokorie shot 60% from 2, and 34% from 3 (51/150).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next