It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transfer Portal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:40 pm 

We will be seeing AJ Casey twice next year. Just committed to SLU.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:59 am 

Dang. SLU will be tough.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:43 pm 

bmh_twosix wrote:

Jennings to Oklahoma State

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:28 am 

natetheskate wrote:
well back to playing the game we have to play at the moment. we got some bigs to replace. I see where Brown forward Nana Owusu-Anane is entering the portal. Ivy League guy from Brown.
Brown forward Nana Owusu-Anane plans to enter the transfer portal, he tells @On3sports.The 6-8, 220-pound junior averaged 14.7 points, 8.8 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game this season. Second team All-Ivy.

Nana Owusu-Anana withdraws from the portal and will return to Brown. Smart man to go get that Ivy degree. I'd guess we see him next year in the portal as a grad transfer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:22 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
natetheskate wrote:
well back to playing the game we have to play at the moment. we got some bigs to replace. I see where Brown forward Nana Owusu-Anane is entering the portal. Ivy League guy from Brown.
Brown forward Nana Owusu-Anane plans to enter the transfer portal, he tells @On3sports.The 6-8, 220-pound junior averaged 14.7 points, 8.8 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game this season. Second team All-Ivy.

Nana Owusu-Anana withdraws from the portal and will return to Brown. Smart man to go get that Ivy degree. I'd guess we see him next year in the portal as a grad transfer.

Think that Ivy grad transfer well is drying up, unless athletes finish their degrees in 3 yrs. This will be his 4th season, we’re moving into the post covid era where we’re getting back to 4 years and done (barring redshirts)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:26 pm 

Dansen wrote:
goramblers2011 wrote:
natetheskate wrote:

I think that Ivy grad transfer well is drying up, unless athletes finish their degrees in 3 yrs. This will be his 4th season, we’re moving into the post covid era where we’re getting back to 4 years and done (barring redshirts)

I think you are right, in the past no one ever left the Ivy League before graduating but NIL has changed that to a certain degree. When they leave, they are going to high majors with strong academic reputations. Danny Wolf from Yale, who was first-team All-Ivy as a freshman left for Michigan and I am sure a lot of cash. Not 100% sure but I think this might be the last year for Ivy grad transfers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:49 pm 

Looks like Owusu-Anane did play freshman year so you're right, he wouldn't be eligible for a grad transfer. Still think there'll be a good amount of Ivy guys out there who redshirt their freshman year and then are eligible for a grad transfer in their 5th year since the Ivy League does not allow grad students to compete.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:56 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Looks like Owusu-Anane did play freshman year so you're right, he wouldn't be eligible for a grad transfer. Still think there'll be a good amount of Ivy guys out there who redshirt their freshman year and then are eligible for a grad transfer in their 5th year since the Ivy League does not allow grad students to compete.

I don’t think the Ivy League allows redshirts and since they do not have summer workouts they generally do not take summer classes, rather well-paying summer internships. So graduating early is very difficult. A friend of my son played football at Penn and told me the pitch he always heard was that this is a 40-year, not a four-year decision.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:54 am 

Seems like we are down to one spot to fill up the roster. My guess is a center or another combination center/forward. As much as I enjoyed Rubin Miles last year, appreciated his bball iq and instincts around the basket I just do not see him as a 30 minute a game man yet. I guess we can play small, we have done so in the past. but someone like Dame was such a nice compliment to Rubin would be nice to have that match again.....So who do we think we are still chasing? Also just do not think the incoming center from Texas will be ready.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Seems like we are down to one spot to fill up the roster. My guess is a center or another combination center/forward. As much as I enjoyed Rubin Miles last year, appreciated his bball iq and instincts around the basket I just do not see him as a 30 minute a game man yet. I guess we can play small, we have done so in the past. but someone like Dame was such a nice compliment to Rubin would be nice to have that match again.....So who do we think we are still chasing? Also just do not think the incoming center from Texas will be ready.

Are you forgetting Jalen Deloach, the Georgia transfer? I think Miles Rubin is going to see more minutes, but those two seem like very similar players who will fill that 5 role.

I admittedly have zero insight into what they’re looking for in that last spot, but I’d be surprised if it’s not another wing or big guard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next