It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: packing the place
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:16 pm 

My point in packing the place was certainly not to criticize the job the current administration is and has done. They have done a lot of positive things. And they are working hard to improve the attendance. Twenty years of neglect of the fan base is not going to be overcome in a season or two.
My point was rather that an urban university in a less than desirable setting put in a lot of hard work to pack the Rose Hill arena.
So it can and should be done.
The crowd was certainly a factor in rallying the Rams from an eleven point deficit. It also added a dimension of excitement to a contest which quite candidly I expected to be witnessed by no more than 1500 fans.
A loss is still a loss but one of the things that makes college basketball more fun than the pros is that the fans have an identification with their alma mater (in many cases).
At Loyola we have a lost generation. I therefore see a need for creativity and flexibility as LadyGreybee points out. We have had our "moratorium" on action.
Not talking about that fact makes no sense.
The administration was hired to fill the place. Five years ago at an alumni reception Father G outlined his vision, promised a new arena and then closed with the comment: "we will build it and it will be filled". Any administration that ignores such a comment does so at its own peril. Father G is a man who expects results.
But let us also realize that the administration cannot do it alone. So, the alums should push their ideas, attend events and support the program with their attendance and their checkbooks as they are able.

Post subject: Re: packing the place
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:55 am 

Streak does more than most any other single person I know to fill the Joe, if you know what I mean...