It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:06 pm 

Nice post Pogo-logo !! A comment though. I am long past the point where I think PM 'is the guy" as you put it--He must now PROVE it--To date he has not. One might say he recruits well--If so why not more wins?? If he has not--And I do not believe this for a minute--then he still fails on that score.
It is now past time for improvement here--past time.
Talk is a cheap commodity--Six or seven wins in a row is the deal--the real deal.
If he wins, I will repent of these negatives re him--BUT he must now cash in those chips he has been bragging about--
The big questions--
--Are these recruits of his realyl good ??
--Can he win with them ??

I wait on results with hope for LUC's rise !!

GO RAMBLERS !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:30 pm 

brot4britu wrote:
Nice post Pogo-logo !! A comment though. I am long past the point where I think PM 'is the guy" as you put it--He must now PROVE it--To date he has not. One might say he recruits well--If so why not more wins?? If he has not--And I do not believe this for a minute--then he still fails on that score.
It is now past time for improvement here--past time.
Talk is a cheap commodity--Six or seven wins in a row is the deal--the real deal.
If he wins, I will repent of these negatives re him--BUT he must now cash in those chips he has been bragging about--
The big questions--
--Are these recruits of his realyl good ??
--Can he win with them ??

I wait on results with hope for LUC's rise !!

GO RAMBLERS !

I've always liked Pogo, but I won't be going back to the other board.

I try not to say too much about the internal workings of your team, but your concerns with Porter are the same they had at ISU. Very good recruiter, but struggles in game. I like the guy and would love to see him succeed though.

But Pogo has another good point, being able to pay and retain assistant coaches go a long way. And I believe that you guys lost all three assistants from last year. That has to hurt Moser and the program. I don't know the details behind them. Maybe they were all significant career moves for them. I don't know. But stability there helps. Not to compare everything to WSU as it's not exactly a fair comparison, but we've been able to keep Chris Jans from day 1. He's looked at a couple of HC jobs, but is still here and I think makes at least 200k. Greg Heier has interviewed for a HC job and will probably stay until he finds one or maybe gets an Associate HC job at a good program. Forbes will get a HC job in the not too distant future as well. But to the point, these guys are compensated well enough that leaving only makes sense for a nice pay raise or elevation in coaching status. And winning helps. We have lost a couple of assistants the past few years as well. Dana Ford left to take the Associate HC job at his alma mater. Chad Dollar left to take a similar role at Georgia Tech, which is in his home area. And the last guy that left, can't think of his name, went to SMU to coach under Larry Brown.

Most of that probably doesn't matter, but retaining guys is a big deal and can go a long way in helping build a winning attitude.