It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: What a Difference !!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:12 am 

Hey Rambler Guys !! Have you noticed the tenor of the posts from our new competitors--?? Welcoming, rerfreshing and hospitable ! ! Far different than the old HL guys--exceptions being Panther, a couple Detroit pals and and a few of our buddies from CSU----The rest ??? Well, suffice it to say--Its a far different feeling==I like it !!

This is not to say that they will want our scalps on the court and we shall have to endure some smack--BUT methinks it is a different feel.--

Now then , I ask our new Pals--Whats a BELMONT ?? We know about Oral R---Last time I saw them is when Big Al and the boys smacked them down in Tulsa--Like the General said---" They , since have just faded away !!
We may--I say, may-- be fodder for the beasts that lie ahead--BUT there soon will be a day when Shockers Trees, Bears et al will not relish coming tyo see us on the friendly shores of Lake Michigan---Soon !! Book it !

Again I ask--What's a BELMONT ???

Glad to be aboard a REAL conference !! BTW . one with a REAL Conf tourney

GO RAMBLERS !!

Post subject: Re: What a Difference !!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:57 am 
Site Admin

Brot---

If you want to see what this conference is about, you should really go to Arch Madness. It looks pretty sure we're going to be there on Thursday, March 6 in St. Louis, unfortunately. Maybe you can change your plan from visiting Loyola to checking out St. Louis for two days? It's unbelieveable fun, of the type we used to have before the MCC/HL decided their best chance to improve was to change everything to promote Butler.

I've been to two Arch Madnesses, even though I had no dog in the fight. It can get a little rowdy, but it's fun to see all the fans of different teams gathering to take over a city. There are great events surrounding it in nearby hotels, and there's a pretty good-natured rivalry between fans of different teams. There are plenty of other things going on in town-- I've been to the STL Symphony about five times.

St. Louis is an interesting city, with an emerging restaurant culture. Forest Park is nice, and so is the West End. There are a lot of ratty and shifty elements, but it's better than Youngstown, Dayton, Detroit, Cleveland or Green Bay.

Think about it. I know you're coming from Eastern Ohio, but Arch Madness is well worth it. If you arrange it far enough in advance, there will be people you can accompany in STL on some nice outside adventures.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:23 am 

Couple of things 63,ol' Pal !!
--Plans have been changed--was to come in for MSU game--but Daughter will be spending some time with good ol' 'Dad !!
--I will try to sneak over to St Louis--Frank has asked me--Its all up to Doctors etc--I do feel great for 84 !! I truly hope I can go. So hope with me
--St Louis and I are old Pals--Been a while--but with Scott AFB and Ft Leonard Wood , I was in and out many times--maybe four to five times a year
--Back in the day, it was one of my favorite eating towns---KC and Omaha a tad better tho on that score.
--On the Sports front, I saw us play the Billikens once maybe twice --Baseball Cards a lot-at both Sportsmen's and the cookie cutter stadium--yuck
--I used to stay out at the Airport--Easier to get to FT L.W !!

It surely will be nice to re-visit

BTW--What's a BELMONT ???? I do remember my Brother in law George the Chgo Fire Chief live off Belmont --and Also there is a Belmont Abbey near Charlotte!!

GO RAMBLERS !!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:27 am 
Site Admin

Belmont is the station before Wrigley.