It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Freshman Choke !!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:18 pm 

Doyle played his head off but missed freebies and team T/Os did us in --Should have won easily--
BUT we will be OPK as season rolls on.

Post subject: Re: Freshman Choke !!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:25 pm 

Definitely played down the stretch like a team led by freshmen and sophomores. Not sure what Crisman was thinking with that inbounds pass into double coverage when White was right in front of him. With six seconds left, just get it in bounds.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:30 pm 

I am not one to carp on the refs but it surely looked to me that the Saluki guy was all over our man on the play from Crisman--They were calling that all game.--We kept the ball but should have been at the line. Oh well--Not the cause--The turnovers were.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:35 pm 

brot4britu wrote:
I am not one to carp on the refs but it surely looked to me that the Saluki guy was all over our man on the play from Crisman--They were calling that all game.--We kept the ball but should have been at the line. Oh well--Not the cause--The turnovers were.

Agreed. Disappointed with the officiating all game, but ultimately doesn't matter. We lost the game, not the refs.

*Swaggy T Fan Club is not associated with Loyola University Chicago or Devon "Swaggy T" Turk; it is not owned or operated by employees or representatives of the entities mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:13 am 

I didn't see much of the game as my Shox were beating the living hell out of Illinois State, but I saw the play in question and thought he was fouled at first too. But on replay from a different angle I'm not so sure. It wasn't the best inbound option and was thrown far enough to the side that the defender was able to disrupt things but I'm not sure there was really much if any contact.

Again, I wasn't watching insanely close, but I do some officiating around here and like to give that perspective sometimes. I've been attacked for it on the other Shocker board in the past because sometimes fans don't want to hear the other side. But I'm also not saying he definitely wasn't fouled. Just from the angles I saw, I can see why it wouldn't be called. However, if they'd been making that call all game, I could understand a beef with them.