It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:11 pm 

Dawson is a guard but is from the west coast and probably wants to go there. Burton appears to be in a similar mold to CT. 6'4", 240. He's from Milwaukee and was originally recruited by Marquette, Illinois, Maryland and Clemson. Maybe he would be worth a look.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:24 pm 

6'4 240? What is he a linebacker for the Bears? CT is listed at 6'5, 220 lbs. He's an inch smaller than an already undersized 4 and at 20 pounds heavier, he still has to be as quick or quicker. Heck, he has 20 pounds on James, and James is 3 inches taller.

I know we have a scholarship to burn, and a midseason transfer does allow him to play for maybe an OOC game or 2 and every Valley game of next season. But we should get someone who is definitely a can't miss guy or either hold on to it for the spring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:12 pm 

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

I believe he is #6. Coming out of high school, he was listed at 6'5" 230 lbs. So it's not like he's gained weight or anything. He definitely looks athletic and all that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:26 pm 

He averages less than 7 points and around 2 rebounds a game over the past season and a half in the Big East, which is not that much of a step ahead of the valley. He is also listed as a guard/forward and, based on my opinion of the video, is more of a 3 forward...like Doyle, Ingram, and Knuth. Also, our #1 recruiting target next year, Zach Norvell out of Simeon, is another 6'5 guard/forward. You'll see way more mid season transfers come out soon, as well as JUCO guys who can play right away next season. I think we either go point guard, given the lack of depth, or power forward/center given we will only slightly upgrade our height problem next year with Kirby and Agdei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:54 pm 

He did that in 16 min per game. Presumably, he wants more PT. Besides, he was a highly sought after recruit. I think he's worth the risk.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:06 am 

As someone who follows Marquette basketball fairly closely, Deonte Burton had very high expectations from MU fans after showing flashes in limited minutes as a freshman. I think the combination of losing his mom to cancer right before the season started and a new coach with a different vision for the team than the one was he was recruited to has lead to his decision to leave MU. That said he would be a steal for Loyola as he will probably end up in Big 5 school, maybe Iowa State. The following dunk is really all you need to see to understand why so many people are very high on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kuIm86iAv0