It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:35 pm 

Illinois State got their first ever win against DePaul in Chicago. They were 0-12 against DePaul on the road before their 78-72 win on Sunday. Illinois State reportedly had 2500 at the game in Allstate Arena. The two teams first played each other in 1909.

Southern Illinois went to 5-4 on the year against D1 teams with a 65-50 win over Chicago State in Carbondale on Sunday. The five teams SIU has beaten this year have a combined record of 3-36 against Division I opponents, and their next two opponents have a combined record of 0-11. The four teams SIU has lost to have a combined record of 21-14.

Loyola's last opponent, Jackson State, moves on to play at Drake on Monday, providing a good common opponent comparison between the Ramblers and Bulldogs. Drake is 1-2 at home, 0-3 on the road, and 0-3 at neutral sites, with their only win coming against IUPUI.

As of Sunday's games, the MVC is 45-36 (0.556) in the non-conference season. Last year, the league was 64-49 (0.566) in non-conference games against D1.

On Saturday, the MVC was 1-1 against Horizon League teams, with Wichita State coming from 10 points behind in the second half to beat Detroit and Green Bay manhandling Drake. So far on the year the MVC is 5-3 against the HL, with one more game yet to be played (UIC at Bradley).

Big games in the league this week include Alabama at Wichita State on Tuesday, Missouri State at Tulsa on Wednesday, and UNI vs. Iowa in Des Moines on Saturday. And of course, the Ramblers vs. Abilene Christian on Wednesday and Southern Utah on Friday.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:30 pm 

All I can say, is whay are some of our guys griping about our schedule ?? This sceduling is done all over our League and far afield as well. Problem is, we must win these games big.

GO RAMBLERS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:02 am 

I like "tidbits" better than "culture" myself.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:05 am 

It's my mission to make it the word of 2015.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:09 am 

JCT wrote:
It's my mission to make it the word of 2015.

Care to edit your last post to rectify a glaring and culturally insenitive omission?

Edit: Irony of ironies! I had to go back and add a "culture" myself.