It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Alex Peacock
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:52 pm 

Just read that Alex Peacock, a 6'7" senior SF from undefeated Normal Community High, said that he has been receiving interest from Loyola. Was wondering if JCT might have the "scoop" on him since he is from the same area?

Post subject: Re: Alex Peacock
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:58 pm 

I only know about them as a team. They beat Peoria Manuel and East St. Louis last week, when I started to really notice how well they're doing (13-0). Maybe I'll check out a game, but I'm not great at "scouting".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:36 pm 

Thanks JCT! I was wondering if he was getting any local press. The team is highly rated, and I saw that another senior on the team has signed with Elon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:49 pm 

I found this about Alex on Prep Hoops Illinois. He was rated one of the top performers in the Highland tourney this weekend. Teams included St Rita and teams from out of state.

SF Alex Peacock (Normal Community – 2015)
Alex Peacock

Peacock has a bit of an unorthodox game, but is extremely effective. The lefty likes to work from 15 feet and in. He powers his way through defenders and is physical finishing through contact. His use of hesitation and pump fakes allows him to create space and get to the foul line on his quick moves on the interior. Peacock is a plus rebounding wing that is tenacious clearing the glass. The unsigned senior went for 22 points and 10 rebounds.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:22 am 

Thanks for posting that bad!

Peacock's playing style sounds a little like Christian Thomas.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:46 am 

Lots of Peacock highlights in this video. Looks like a good passer, can hit from outside or drive to the rim.

http://www.channel1450.com/pages/20620850.php

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:34 am 

I liked what I saw on offense, but he got beat a few times on D.

Seems like a nice, well-spoken kid.

Maybe a cross between Christian Thomas and Donte Ingram.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:29 pm 

I'm at the Normal Community vs. Peoria Notre Dame game to watch Peacock play. NCHS are the Ironmen, and they're playing Sabbath during warmups. More later; maybe sone video.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:47 am 

NCHS won 49-33, if I recall correctly, and I think Peacock led all scorers and rebounders. The team is now 20-1. Seems like a really good program, the same school that produced SIU's Anthony Beane and won 4th place in the 2011 state championship. Peacock looks like a good player with some upside, somewhat reminiscent of Blake Schilb. He had one steal and breakaway for a tomahawk dunk, got fouled, and hit the free throw. Seems a legit 6'7" with some length, good passing, good recognition, and good footwork around the basket. Plays with a little bit of a chip on his shoulder, very vocal and good communication with teammates. He never seemed to get pushed very hard, maybe because of the competition. Got three fouls in about four minutes early in the second half, had to sit, and the opposition went on a 10-2 run. Seems like he'd be a great second or third best player on a Horizon League team, maybe better with some development. Solid body, seems like he could get even stronger with weight and strength training. Guy could probably develop a killer drive on the baseline with some practice, seemed savvy about breaking zones.

I can't believe he hasn't got any offers yet-- I've seen kids with less of a hoops IQ from bad programs and nowhere near the physical development get decent mid-major offers.

Here's a story with video:

http://www.centralillinoisproud.com/sto ... iPx8b6fdkA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:17 am 

Hey Coach Moser, are you listening to this?