It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Recruits !
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:26 am 

Does anyone know how tall each of our new recruits are ?? Do we not have a BIG coming in ?

Height is really all we need you know. Our newbies this year will be more experienced--Milton will be a menace--Our defense as a team will be even better.
Turk will be setting 3pt records --
I like our chances for then--

Now, let's go against the rest of this league the rest of the way starting Saturday !!

Advise Thanks !

Post subject: Re: Recruits !
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:39 am 

Brot, we have two guys signed for next year:

Maurice Kirby - 6'9" 230 http://www.coffeyville.edu/news/Kirby-S ... hicago.cfm
Pernell Adgei - 6'7" (I think I read somewhere that he is 215) http://813.9df.myftpupload.com/pernell- ... ing-radar/

Both big and with a little extra experience. Kirby redshirted at Virginia Tech for a year and is playing this season at Coffeyville (where we got Peterson and Montel), so he is two years out of high school. Adgei is playing a post high school year at a school in Virginia.

Last edited by ahunte1 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:52 am 

ALL RIGHT !! Cripes, BIG was pretty much all we need this year !!

Thanks !!

Post subject: Re:Hey Ahunte
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:50 am 

Hey Ahunte!

Please post an updated copy the Men's BB scholarship spreadsheet you made.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:10 pm 

It's on the main site

Click the Ramblermania.net banner above then Extras

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:11 am 

brot4britu wrote:
Does anyone know how tall each of our new recruits are ?? Do we not have a BIG coming in ?

Height is really all we need you know. Our newbies this year will be more experienced--Milton will be a menace--Our defense as a team will be even better.
Turk will be setting 3pt records --
I like our chances for then--

Now, let's go against the rest of this league the rest of the way starting Saturday !!

Advise Thanks !

Kirby is well with 9 pts and 8,2 rebs per game. He will give us a solid 20-25 minutes per game. Adgei I do not know but he is 6-7. If Knuth adds 15 lbs, Ingram can move to the 3 which will give us some options and size. i

Someone I would like us to land is Stamps from Curie who is underrated.

If the freshman improve, look out next year.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:32 am 

jim wrote:

I second this. From what I've seen of Stamps, I quite frankly thought he was a higher major, Big East type of player. Then I looked at his verbal commits page. He has one offer from Chicago St.? Even though there's a log jam with wing guards, he'll be too good to pass up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:46 am 

lusuperfan wrote:
jim wrote:

I second this. From what I've seen of Stamps, I quite frankly thought he was a higher major, Big East type of player. Then I looked at his verbal commits page. He has one offer from Chicago St.? Even though there's a log jam with wing guards, he'll be too good to pass up.

You are never in a log jam with guards. We are not getting beat on the front line but rather the guard line. With Doyle out teams can now concentrate on Turk. So we have lost two guards.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:06 pm 

I was curious to see if I could find out how Pernell Adgei is doing at Fishburne Military Academy. Was not able to discover anything. He was described as a "raw talent" at the start of the season. I wonder if he is making progress, or even getting playing time?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:03 pm 

jim wrote:
lusuperfan wrote:
jim wrote:

You are never in a log jam with guards. We are not getting beat on the front line but rather the guard line. With Doyle out teams can now concentrate on Turk. So we have lost two guards.

100% true about the guard play, especially this month. But in a perfect world, Milt and Earl are healthy enough to give us at least 30 and 25 minutes respectively; coupled with Keke, Turk, Richardson, and even Ingram, their presence would mean that there's not a lot of playing time for another guard. If Stamps is looking to play right away, he won't get a ton of minutes next year behind 3 really good seniors and a all-conference junior.

galena rambler wrote:
I was curious to see if I could find out how Pernell Adgei is doing at Fishburne Military Academy. Was not able to discover anything. He was described as a "raw talent" at the start of the season. I wonder if he is making progress, or even getting playing time?

As for Adgei, I haven't seen a lot of mentions of him in Fishburne's game write-ups. I have no clue what's going on.