It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:50 pm 

It was nice being at Gentile Center today for our game against Illinois State, despite the outcome and despite my wearing my NFL Arizona Cardinals jacket to the game. I did have a Loyola Ramblers polo and Loyola Ramblers baseball cap on too, mind you. This was my first game of the season. As you know, my job is such that I cannot get to all our games so I go to 2 or 3 a year, usually after the holidays. Weather permitting, I plan on being at our game this coming Saturday against Indiana State.

It was nice being at the homecoming game. I wish I could have been to the alumni game earlier but I had things to do to prepare for this dreaded snowstorm hitting us. I liked seeing that former players around, the 1985 Sweet Sixteen team, and the 2014 National Champion Men's Volleyball team. I'd also be remiss if I did not thank 25yearstreak for inviting me to watch the game with him at courtside today.

As for the game itself, from what I saw, the bad FT% and turnovers in our own offensive end really killed us today. Also, we really miss Milton Doyle. Had he been in the lineup, I have no doubt we would have won today and a few other losses we've had in this tough stretch. Hell, I would not have put it past us to beat Wichita State the other night had we had Doyle healthy.

Also, you obviously do not see me here very often. I have basically shifted my online presence from message boards to social media. Nowadays, I spend a lot of my online opining on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/michael.gaichas) and a little bit on Twitter (https://twitter.com/mikegaichas). For those of you who aren't my Facebook friends already, feel free to check me out there.

Go Ramblers! #OnwardLU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:50 pm 

Great seeing you Maggs. Don't be a stranger. If you around next week, stop by. I should have some unused tickets.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:01 am 

Saturday was a fun day except the outcome of the game. The alumni game was well attended and I thought they did a really great job with the reception. Courtney and I met our new AD and had a chance to talk with him for a few minutes. Very nice guy and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.