It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:14 am 

01grad wrote:
ToledoRambler wrote:
Am I the only one that feels like the more playing time Rajala would get, the more comfortable (and eventually productive) he would be? He looks to me like he has talent but hasn't quite settled into being on game situations.

Obviously, I want the most talented guys on the floor for our team as much as we can, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him get some more minutes and game experience in the next couple of seeks.

To me he looks likes someone with great size and good agility still learning how to play the post...and shoot. The first time he went to shoot free throws today it was like he didn't know what to do. The second time he nailed both. A project, but potential.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:32 am 

Yesterday from our road reporter.................

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/down-in- ... f3ea0.html

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/best-cas ... f67bf.html

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:55 am 

01grad wrote:
ToledoRambler wrote:
Am I the only one that feels like the more playing time Rajala would get, the more comfortable (and eventually productive) he would be? He looks to me like he has talent but hasn't quite settled into being on game situations.

Obviously, I want the most talented guys on the floor for our team as much as we can, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him get some more minutes and game experience in the next couple of seeks.

To me he looks likes someone with great size and good agility still learning how to play the post...and shoot. The first time he went to shoot free throws today it was like he didn't know what to do. The second time he nailed both. A project, but potential.

Rajala is what I wish they would have done with King last year. Maybe Porter is learning...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:10 am 

With the injuries and the problems we have had of late, the Rajala playing time has been an encouraging thing to see for me. At least it's giving a chance to see what we might have in him. It's weird to just see a bigger body out there with the rest of our team after watching the whole season of us being undersized compared to our opponents on the court.

It's been encouraging to see how well our team has been over to adjust and compensate for our height, but every time we've lost a game this year I get frustrated by the fact that I feel we are just one "decent" big man away from being a top 3 team in this league.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:29 pm 

Agree on Rajala. Good to see him out there and would have loved to see King get the same opportunity last year. He needs to get a lot stronger - but so do almost all of our players. From a physical strength standpoint, this looked like the varisty vs. the freshman. ISUb is a very strong, physical team. I hope we spend the summer in the weight room.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:52 pm 

Had a chance to watch a recording of the game....a few observations:

1) White and Crisman had really rough games. Not only do they not provide any offense - but their defense was pretty bad in this game. Plus the turnovers. Rough.

2) I love the fact that Porter is playing the freshman...but he starting to make a few too many substitutions. Some very quick hooks. He pulled Montel out of the game 45 seconds into the 2nd half (after he fumbled a pass away). He needs to leave a unit on the floor and see if the can gel. When Peterson scores back to back baskets.... leave him in!

3) Christian Thomas was a no show. Could be the concussion, but could be the fact that he needs Milton on the floor to create space for him. I think he ended up with 2 shots. And Montel only had 3? We can't win that way.

4) The announcers for this game were very good. Tim Doyle offers up some great insights. Not afraid to call out when a player is having a tough day (White!)

5) It's all over this board already...but ISUb just shot the lights out. Wow. Our defense has carried us all year - but we have got to figure out how to slow this team down.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:20 pm 

If you havent watched Coach Mosers post game comments on the LU Athletic Site it is worth a watch.Some things stood out.
1. We could not stop Brown from getting to the basket which made it very difficult to guard the 3
2/ They need Jeff WHite to contribute. Personally I do not think he has regained great game shape from the knee operation/
3/ Thomas while cleared to play was not himself.
4. Sounded like Doyle has a way to go
5. It just sounds different this year in that it seems like Coach really likes this group.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:50 pm 

JCT wrote:
One thing is certain, no matter what happens from here on out (we should be in St. Louis a month from today), the coaching staff has been phenomenal...So as someone who was skeptical/negative about Coach Moser for the past three years, I have to happily give credit.

I agree with everything JCT said in this post. But it's also true that PM is becoming more and more control freaky in conference as - I have to point out - I predicted here on Dec 17. Yesterday, as well as in other games, we've been much better in all phases of the when we get aggressive and up-tempo on offense. Let them have some fun, coach. Trust these guys and they play better.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:24 pm 

Scream !! You are correct--Very much so--OXEN BALL may seem the safe way--and maybe it is--BUT we are NOT winning doing it--
Go back to up-tempo We will then see our remaining weapons get open--Turk Earl Montel and the rest--

What's to lose ?? I am sorely afraid for Milton--Perhaps it is REALLY his shoulder !!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6