It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:10 pm 

Wildcats Basketball, volleyball, and wresting are looking for a home for the 2017-2018 season. I'm just saying.

http://www.nusports.com/news/2016/6/13/ ... 4c6120e804

If you were NU, what are the suitable options that come to mind besides Loyola? Local high schools? Evanston, New Trier, etc. Are these places big enough for basketball? Would they play at the United Center, AllState, UIC Pavillion, the new Depaul Stadium? As for women's volleyball, it would be a sight to see Shane Davis coaching inside Gentile again on a regular basis.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:54 am 

Kelly and his crew can't raise 5k for a Spain trip

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:24 am 

LU 86 wrote:

I wonder if Julius's family got a refund on their donation toward that, by the way.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:48 pm 

about 5% of all pledges are not collected.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:26 am 

LU 86 wrote:

Gosh, I didn't even know they were planning a trip to Spain. I just looked it up on the website. Is it cancelled?

Loyola Men's Volleyball went to Italy recently. I remember they had started crowdfunding back in January with a goal of $15,000. I don't know if they reached that goal or was close but obviously they still went. And the basketball goal was only $5,000?

To clarify my original point, maybe Loyola can rent out space to Northwestern Volleyball in 2017-18. It's only 20 minutes away NU crowds are pretty good for volleyball. With Shane Davis at the helm, I almost feel like he would recommend Gentile as a potential home site.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:08 pm 

vuster4 wrote:
Gosh, I didn't even know they were planning a trip to Spain. I just looked it up on the website. Is it cancelled?

No, it's not cancelled. They are going in August.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:26 am 

According to some rumblings at Northwestern, there is possibly a plan in the works for Northwestern to play its home women's volleyball games at Loyola in the Fall of 2017. However, it sounds like nothing is set in stone and it is obviously not official.

It has been officially announced that Northwestern men's basketball will play at AllState Arena next season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:10 am 

I think there are 4 teams using Gentile if you count both bball and volleyball teams....might be tough to fit some one in time wise. I know for a while there were plans to build a separate volleyball facility at least for practice. Also had plans for indoor track . They keep talking about a facility on Broadway just south of Sheridan Rd. But with recent apparent cutbacks..we will see.
NU considered Gentile for their mens basketball but did not think it would be sufficient for BIG10 games. I think they are thinking they may increase attendance a little by having more fans from visiting BIG10 teams.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:58 am 

Northwestern just announced that Women's Volleyball will play at Evanston Township High School this Fall.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:44 pm 

vuster4 wrote:
Northwestern just announced that Women's Volleyball will play at Evanston Township High School this Fall.

We could use some revenue from a limited number of events like that being farmed out. Robert Morris used to spend a lot to rent Alumni Gym and Gentile for their men's basketball home games. There were a bunch of high school tournaments and other events that used to be held at the old Gentiile as well. I'm not around campus enough to know if we're still doing anything like that, but it would be nice to get some revenue (and some notice of our campus and facilities) from hosting some events like this.