It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

1. Men's and Women's Cross Country teams won team titles at Illini Open over Big 10 and MVC squads on Friday.

2. Women's Volleyball played tough in a Friday night loss to 4th place Southern Illinois, 3-1. They came back on Saturday to sweep Evansville 3-0.

3. Women's soccer beat Northern Iowa 1-0 on Saturday to clinch a birth in the MVC tournament.

4. Men's soccer beat preseason favorite SIU-E 1-0 on the road in overtime to get their first-ever MVC conference win.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:55 pm 

This weekend certainly is a good thing for LU sports but we have a long way to go. LU Volleyball is in 9th place. LU Soccer (women's) is in 6th place. LU Soccer (men's) is in last place.

We have a lot of work to do.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

After yesterday's wins, women's volleyball is in seventh place, women's soccer is in fifth, and men's soccer is in fifth. Also, the upcoming schedule is a little easier-- men's soccer plays its last conference game at home against winless Central Arkansas, and women's soccer plays its last remaining conference game at fourth place Evansville. Women's volleyball has a good chance at going 4-3 on their remaining schedule with wins against Indiana State and Drake on the road and wins against Bradley and Missouri State at home. That would place the women's volleyball team around 5th place, with a 8-10 season record.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:29 pm 

The MVC site must not have updated when I posted. Your numbers are better (though I stand by my statement that we have a ways to go)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

On the preseason preview (http://www.ramblermania.net/extras/stor ... review.htm) I picked women's volleyballl 6th, women's soccer 2nd, and men's soccer 6th. So my pre-season (and pre-MVC coaches' polls) predictions have been pretty accurate. A women's soccer win over Evansville coupled with a 1st place Illinois State win over current 3rd place Missouri State could get Loyola women's soccer up to 3rd place. I also picked 1st place Wichita State to win women's volleyball and 1st place Illinois State to win women's soccer. The only big surprise from my predictions was Missouri State dominating men's soccer.

P.S. The MVC coaches polls picked Loyola 6th (last) in women's soccer, 6th (last) in men's soccer, and 6th in women's volleyball.