It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:57 am 

Loyola is looking yet again for a golf coach. That job is jinxed, it seems.

You may recall that last year the job posting for the same assistant golf coaching position contained the requirement that the successful candidate be "Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified". I pointed out then that this requirement was bogus, and intended solely to narrow the field to permit Jason Calhoun to put his pal at Glen Flora Country Club, Robert Stock, in the job. It was no coincidence that Stock was TPI-certified. Stock, of course, was hired.

Fast forward to today. Stock apparently has left Loyola (and Glen Flora) , and Loyola's latest job posting to fill the position... Surprise! Surprise!... no longer contains the requirement of TPI Certification.

https://www.careers.luc.edu/applicants/ ... 2312376574

I am at a loss to explain how a certification that was once deemed essential to the performance of the duties of assistant golf coach is not even mentioned as desirable in the current job posting. Unless...

It just amazes me how the Athletic Department under Calhoun continues its cynical hiring practices without a care for how unseemly it looks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:34 am 

swellafelon wrote:
I am at a loss to explain how a certification that was once deemed essential to the performance of the duties of assistant golf coach is not even mentioned as desirable in the current job posting. Unless...

Unless...The Horror! The Horror!... the TPI Certification requirement was eliminated to pave the way for the return of...The Horror! The Horror!...Jason Calhoun. Calhoun, to my knowledge, is not TPI Certified.

This possibility may also explain the current job posting's emphasis on the successful candidate having D1 coaching experience. Stock had no prior D1 coaching experience when he was hired by Loyola. Calhoun, of course, does have such experience.

I guess we'll find out soon. The spring season for the men starts 3/7, and I expect they'll want to fill the position before then.