It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: LUC TRACK AND FIELD
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:39 pm 

We did well down in Austin--especially our 4x400 meter relay guys--The article on LU's boarddoes not say or I missed it--Does this bunch go further ??? Any others as well ???
Advise--Thanks !

Post subject: Re: LUC TRACK AND FIELD
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:29 am 

Brot,

Even though the 4x400 relay team set a new school record by nearly a half of a second, they did not make the top twelve to qualify for the nationals in June. Loyola will only be sending Declan Murray who qualified in the 800 to Eugene, Oregon.

The entire team and coaching staff should be congratulated for a fantastic season! I have been following Loyola cross country and track for 50 years, and never can recall a year when so many school records and individual pr's have been established.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:47 pm 

Thanks Galena !! I have checked with two of my Grans=dsons who are distance runners for Walsh Jesuit HS here in Akron--Their comments were WOW and Yikes !! FYI--When I was at Campion Back in the day as they say, I ran the two dashes and the corresponding Relays--NOT ONE INCH farther than 220 yds.!!
My time of 10 seconds flat stood in Wisconsin for a while as a record--Then the real runners came along !!!
Their time in Texas is fantastic and STILL not good enough to proceed--CRIPES !!!

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:39 pm 

okay our murray qualified for the finals in oregon--great for him and loyola--now then, his semi-final time was not mentioned in the luc article--and i cannot find it--two of my grandsons run this event and are anxious to know--

any info ???? thanks !!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:01 pm 

Hi Brot,

Very sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you heal quickly. Not a good spring for us old St. Catherine of Siena boys, I had a ladder slide out from under me a few months ago, and broke bones in both arms.

On a much more pleasant note, Declan ran his 800 in 1:47.48. I am sure he will do Loyola proud in the finals on Friday.