It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: CUB TRADES
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:00 pm 

I surely am no expert-but I cannot understand this new regime of the Cubs--The ONE thing the Cubs have is STARTING PITCHING--They need hitting and a bull pen !! So what do they do ? They trade what I feel is their number 2 Pitcher for NOTHING--at least the guys they receice had bum years and or have been hurt. SHEESH--Keep the pitchers-- build around them --That is what winners--CARDINALS, BRAVES--do.
This new Brass appears hopeless.

Post subject: Re: CUB TRADES
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:53 pm 

I think that the front office believes that they have good young pitching. Further, they had Feldman on a 1 year deal, I believe. They were going to lose him after this year because of how well he has pitched. Rather than get nothing, they got some prospects and International draft slots (read: money). As for Garza, he is on the way out as well. We should be able to get some pretty good prospects for him.

What the front office is doing is rebuilding the farm system. For a while there, the Cubs were near the bottom. Now they are in the top 10. They know that this year is hopeless...the plan is to build up the system so they are stacked in a couple of years.

Besides that, I think you'll see the Cubs start being active in Free Agency again starting this or next year. That, combined with a strong farm system, bodes well for the future.