It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Have seen a lot !!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:58 am 

Well Guys I HAVE seen a ton in Baseball following the CUBS over the years---
--Stan Musial setting a hit record
--Hank Sauer hitting three homers in Lor's FIRST game !! She actually wondered why the rest of the Cubs did NOT do the same==Cubs won 3-2
--My first game saw Dizzy Dean beat the Cards 5-4 --A Lieber Homer won it ( Sheffield Ave}
--Robin Roberts a new Phil relieved by throwing wp after WP !!
--Saw Jackie Robinson ruin the Cubs time after time
--SWISHED along with Bill Nicholson
--Witnessed Big Ernie Lombardy hit the 400 FT sign dead center ON THE FLY--a line smash--
--Saw Bob Gibson duel Johnny Schmitz--Believe Gibson won it !! 1-0 !! One great game !!
--I heard Gabby's home run in the gloaming --I was sick but I yelled out the score to my pals who were playing ball in the lot next to our apartment
--I saw Roberto Clemente many times--2nd best hitter next to Musial in my mind--Although I did see Joltin Joe once at Comiskey
--I could go on and on--Ernie Billy Stan Hack Cavaretta and on and on BUT NEVER--
--NEVER did I ever see such a class act that YADIER MOLINA put forth when Grandpa Rossi came to bat last evening !!! Yadier knew the moment--grabbed it for the CUB FANS and DAVID-- He deliberately held up the game so David could have his HURRAH !! MARVELOUS !! I truly hope the Cards make the playoffs--Next year --I may regret writing that BUT !!! Guys, that was probably the greatest compliment an opposing player can give !! YAY YADIE !!!
Thanks for another MEMORY !!!

Post subject: Re: Have seen a lot !!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:55 pm 

While I attended LU, I saw Stan Musial's 3000th hit and a no-hitter by Don Cardwell. There were never more than 2500 in attendance. $1.50 for a front row seat in the grandstand. I am Red Sox fan today, having moved to the Boston area over 50 years ago, but I hope the Cubs win the World Series (unless of course the Sox are there).