It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:17 pm 

I know it's been a long time since you've seen me here as I am now active on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/michael.gaichas.3) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/mikegaichas). Nevertheless, I wanted to come and offer my congratulations to all of my fellow Loyola Ramblers fans who are Cubs fans! This White Sox fan is very happy for all of you! I am especially happy for Frank Biga, Bill McMahon, John C. Thomas, Joe Dlugosz, and especially Brot! Additionally, I am happy for others of you whom I neglected to mention. All of them and others were very happy for me 11 years ago, when my White Sox won it all, and I have not forgotten that. Officially, I neither cheer for the Cubs nor do I cheer against the Cubs. The only teams I have vested interests in are the White Sox, the Cardinals (but for not for reasons you may think), and the Marlins. I am going to enjoy this historic 2016 World Series regardless of who wins. However, I greatly admire what Theo Epstein and Joe Maddon have done with this Cubs team, and I wish them the best of luck in the next four to seven games hence.

Eleven years ago, I was on this same ride that all of you who are Cubs fans will now embark upon. I can tell you that you will not have a better sports experience, especially if the Cubs beat the Indians and win the World Series. If the Cubs win, it will be the greatest and no subsequent Cubs titles will ever top it. That is because the first is always the greatest. October 26, 2005, was the greatest sports night in my life. NOTHING will ever top it. The White Sox could win ten more World Series in my lifetime, but none of them will ever top 2005. Future world and national championships won by the many other professional and collegiate teams across various sports that I cheer for will never top the night of October 26, 2005, either.

This will be a historic World Series in that someone's long championship drought will end. Of course, the Cubs last won it in 1908 (108 years). The Indians last won the World Series in 1948 (68 years). That is a combined 176 seasons without a World Series championship. It all begins on Tuesday, and we'll see what happens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:16 pm 

Hey Maggs !! Nice to see your post and thanks for the kind words !! I have been waiting since the mid 1930s for this==Saw Dizzy win my first game

I will say the TRIBE was under-rated--But eastern sports writers would give the Indians little credit as usual .

Now then, Madden went brain dead or something TWICE at least in game 7---BUT the CUB team bailed him out ! I shall find it difficult to forget this idiocy !!

Next up==a Sox/ Cub WS !!!!