It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rotten Newe
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:03 pm 

Cubs blow anther--No hitting which allows Madden ti foul up again !!! ( He pulled Lefty too soon )
WE do have one more shot !!

Tribe loses to Yunkees !! YUCK !! We are NOW doomed to hear how great they are over and over again !!!

Post subject: Re: Rotten Newe
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:32 pm 

I don't know how the Cubs did it, but they somehow got through the Washington Nationals. That last game was crazy-- I feld like I aged six weeks in the 4:45 minute, 9-8 game with 13 pitchers, that ended on Washington's best player striking out as the tying run.

Now the Dodgers--- the team I grew up rooting for. They are formidable. They have GREAT pitching, and a more seamless lineup than the Cubs.

I was a Dodger fan growing up. I must have been to 250 or more games at Dodger Stadium, many with my grandfather and mother and school trips. But I also had a press pass to Dodger games when I was working at KFI/KOST radio from 1983-1985, and I went to two or three games every homestand during those years. I became friendly with Vin Scully, Roy Campanella, Steve Sax, Tommy LaSorda, and Chuck Connors while I was going to games, going into the locker room, on the field, and in the dugout.

I lived in West Los Angeles, near where I went to high school at Venice High School. There was a Mexican restaurant run by a very nice lady near Venice, and I used to get an order of enchillada pie to take to Dodger Stadium for the game sometimes. But here's the thing-- the Dodger Stadium press box used to have a GREAT food service, providing a very high quality dinner to everyone covering the game. That's where I met and talked with Roy Campanella and his wife many, many times. Vin Scully would often walk by though the dining room and chat with people. He also was very friendly and supportive of younger people in the press corps. I can't tell you how much of an idol he was for me, and how great it was to see an idol act BETTER than you thought he might be to everyone he met.

But that's all part of the past. Let's go Cubs....